PDA

View Full Version : Clutch kit for 85 200x?

ama009
10-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, i am sure this question has been asked often, but I looked through the sub-forums and could not find it.

What clutch kit should I get for the 200x? I saw a Barnett clutch kit on ebay for $65. Good brand? quality? I want to get what I pay for?

Thanks for the help in advance!

shortline10
10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Barnett makes a decent clutch kit but in my experience they like to stick/stuck when the machine sits for a month or so . Nothing better than OEM as far as the plates . Remember if you change the springs to an aftermarket HD set its gonna be harder to pull the clutch lever so keep that in mind . Versa is prob the most economical set and will last a few years .

Hey guys, i am sure this question has been asked often, but I looked through the sub-forums and could not find it.

What clutch kit should I get for the 200x? I saw a Barnett clutch kit on ebay for $65. Good brand? quality? I want to get what I pay for?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dirtcrasher
10-30-2010, 01:31 PM
^ I'm with Shortline. OEM is best, then Barnett. Vesrah is ok but IMHO, why do all that work to get a clutch that will only last a short period of time.

2 stroke riders LOVE to use the clutch to rev up and slide or get the flat spots taken care of.............

I guess it depends how long you wanna keep it, I keep my stuff until I'm dead :lol:

Bear in mind you have a 200X and may be a heavy clutch abuser so think about OEM. Just get it from the cheapest source available - Service Honda; Unless someone has an even better source for OEM parts. Make sure to do both steels and fibers and a new clutch cable doesn't hurt either :D

tri again
11-01-2010, 05:14 AM
x2 agree on both comments.

ama009
11-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the great info! I will shoot for OEM. I don't plan on getting rid of it. In fact, I am looking for a 250r to start a collection. We are definately going to be heavy on the clutch initially because both my sons are learning to ride. Took the clutch cover off Saturday and looks like previous owner changed springs already. So, I guess I am stuck with a hard clutch for a while. I will try the new cable next.