PDA

View Full Version : Tiger info

snowhoundxp
10-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Acquired another tiger frame and some parts. Frame is in rough condition. I set my other frame beside her to see what I have and there are differences. I'm pretty sure my first one is a 2nd generation and this new one is a 1st generation. What I am wondering is, I am correct? I would like to use my 2nd generation to copy a rebuild of the rear end on this new frame. Does any body know if there are differences or have some pics of a 1st generation frame? Also, if this is a 1st generation frame will my swingarm and carrier be the same to have one fabbed? And, if this is a 1st generation I'm pretty sure it has a wide front end. My triples are narrow. Would it be possile to get a drawn template to have them fabbed? Thanks for your time. Kevin

Jeepermc
10-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Wow...that's rough... I say good luck with bringing it back though!

scooterroo
10-30-2010, 12:30 PM
cool find. get in touch with oc (orangecounty) on here. he is big into these tigers. also try the search option on here, helps out alot. here is oc's website on tigers... http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

blue27
10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I do not know if there really is a"generation" on the tiger frames, and your second frame is prolly older but does not have to be a wide front end one of mine has the same neck and is a narrow. Tiger had no set standards when building them. I do know of a shop that has and can make the swinger and carrier.

scooterroo
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
arent the rear bearing carriers off 84/5 tecates? the one in the pic looks identical to a t3 carrier. get a t3 carrier and swingarm. use the carrier and brackets it mounts to and have someone make you a swingarm for it.

snowhoundxp
10-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Blue - I would really appreciate the info for the swingarm and carrier. I know this frame is rough but I think it's worth fixing. Does anyone know if there are differences in sub frame so I can use my good one to copy off of? If so, does anyone have pictures of this earlier generation frame? The only reason I am thinking there are different generations is because of the Rotax Tiger Site where it talks about the necks being different. I know the radiator loop on the rough frame sticks out an extra inch more than the other. There are differences between the two frames I have. Thanks, Kevin

Dirtcrasher
10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
You may want to drill some holes in the rustiest areas just to make sure the wall thickness wasn't attacked, just the outside of the tube.

Honestly, IMHO, the Tiger frames themselves would be pretty easy to reproduce.

They made things very simple; No complicated stamped out gussets or reinforcing plates.

I imagine one can be torn done to it's bare frame in about an hour.........