PDA

View Full Version : any 1986 200x bearing dealers around? goto last post

Aka_am
10-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Can some one tell me if this is all the orings I need? do I even need these? can I use silicone or something. I dont grease inside my the swingarm carrier tabs. Help!

Two #17's (https://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-atv-atc200x-1986-rear-wheel-axle-drive-chain/o/m1900sch5492) -Which I'm not sure where the second goes.

Two #27's, One 26 and one 28 (https://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-atv-atc200x-1986-swingarm/o/m1900sch3900) -The 26 and 28, I don't know where these go either.

I will be buying a bearing and seal kit off ebay, I really can't find any cheaper. I have one new bearing, I'm pretty sure I have the other. but I need the seals, and on bikebandit.com there about 10 a piece.

SWIGIN
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Since the 80s till now I have never replaced or used any o rings on any of my carriers.

obijuan
10-27-2010, 06:02 PM
17 is a swingarm bolt? and there are oring grooves in your carrier for each oring

Dirtcrasher
10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
17 is an o-ring for the disc hub, It helps keep moisture out of there so it will come apart again......

Grease the CRAP out of all that stuff and loctite the axle nut if it's smooth and clean.

Aka_am
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I got a few grease guns so it's getting covered. what kind of loctite ...on the jam nut?

So I need the orings, or no? can I hold off a few months and then replace them if I grease liberally?

SWIGIN
11-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Like I said, you do NOT need those O rings.

I have never used them in 20 years. Just grease up your carrier and ride.

If they were needed all the aftermarket carriers would have grooves for them.

Aka_am
11-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah that does make sense.:D I'm more concern with the jam nut, and disc hub o-rings. same?

Dirtcrasher
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
The O-ring and pinch seals were for the average guy, with a tight machine, that wanted to be able to rotate the carrier and adjust the chain. They use little if any assembly grease so whats the point............

The small oring in your rotor hub helps keep water from getting under the bearing ID and wearing out the axle OD through contamination.

Leave it in, leave it out. Whats it matter 25 years later; Plenty of people don't even grease splines or the axle thinking they'll "come right apart anytime".............

Aka_am
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
The O-ring and pinch seals were for the average guy, with a tight machine, that wanted to be able to rotate the carrier and adjust the chain. They use little if any assembly grease so whats the point............

The small oring in your rotor hub helps keep water from getting under the bearing ID and wearing out the axle OD through contamination.

Leave it in, leave it out. Whats it matter 25 years later; Plenty of people don't even grease splines or the axle thinking they'll "come right apart anytime".............

so DC, your saying I can make it thought the winter, without the stuff. Or im an idiot for not putting them in? :wondering

SeaBass8
11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
All those o-rings are available from Service Honda for about 10 bucks or so total.

#26 goes on the caliper holder, #28 and #27 (x2) go on the carrier

Those bearings and seals can usually be found at your local bearing shop for less than ebay and you can get just one if you need just one.

Dirtcrasher
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
The o-ring on the caliper stay is so you can adjust the chain and it doesn't seize up, I explained the other one.

I put any available o-ring in where it goes. I do it once and I'm done with it. Can you just grease everything and run it? sure. But if your gonna go back and play in the mud and water, you'll wish you had done every step.

If the parts are already loose and crappy, who cares. It's my belief that once you get nice axles/carriers/etc. do whatever you can to keep it nice..........

I don't like water or mud on 25 y.o. trikes. It gets in anything loose and acts like an abrasive; Loosening it up, rusting it etc.

SWIGIN
11-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I feel that the O rings hold crud in and rust it up faster....but do what you want. Grease it up either way you do it.

Aka_am
11-03-2010, 11:03 PM
where does #28 go, my carrier is about half done getting welded so I can't look at it right now. I'm about to order everything I need.

EDIT:::

Ok the cheapest bearing place local (8 miles away) is 11.51 a bearing and 7-8 a seal (guess-timent). I have one brand new bearing made by a place RB bearing, So I only need one bearing, and one of my old seal I cleaned up and it looks reusable, so one seal. Can anyone get a better price shipped to 44217 than 20 dollars? A whole kit on ebay is 29.84 shipped..so I'm in a bit of a predicament.