PDA

View Full Version : 80 110 spark problem

82300R
10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I have two 1980 atc110's. Have had them for a while. Both allways ran. Well due to other projects,time,work etc. They have been on the back burner. So i pull them out. First thing i check for is fire. Walla no fire on either one. Pull the recoils,points cover cleaned them up. Checked the plug wires cap. Checked the kill switches. New plugs. Nothing. Ifind it strange the both bikes have the same problem. Any ideas?:confused:

shortline10
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Points go bad in time . Even if they look good spend the 12.00 for 2 new sets and i'm sure they will fire right up .

82300R
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
:confused:Well, either i have bad eyesight or the trike faries fixed it.:confused: Checked again for spark today an its firing. So i move on to the next thing an clean the carb. Kinda dirty. Got it all cleaned up. So i decide to check the vavle adjustment. Break out the ole manual. At t.d.c. no play in the rockers at all. So i check an double check. Backed them off at least three turns. Got it all back together. Cranks up an runs first crank every time.:Bounce But only at full choke.:( The carb bowl is leaking gas so i guess thats why i cannot adjust the idle. I may have the leftovers of a carb kit in the shed. Don't know. Will look tommorow. If not i will order one an go from there.:cool: I hate having a machine that does not run right!:naughty: