PDA

View Full Version : ebay shipping to canada

big red hemi
10-26-2010, 10:12 PM
hey every one i just bought a 300 trx engine on ebay for an amazing price. the plan was to stuff it into my 85 big red with a web camshaft and a 10.25:1 piston along with some other goodie's

anyways after reading the description carefully and seeing the automatic shipping calculator with a price of 125 dollars based on my postal code, there was no mention of no international shipping. now that i won the auction and he found out i was from canada the origional add was changed now the add says no shipping internationally, but yet he sent me payment instructions with a new shipping cost of $300. after talking to the seller tonight he says he cant send it to me, for 125$ and pretty much siad he just does not want the hassle of international shipping.

i really want this engine bad but dont want to pay the shipping cost that more than doubled. if any one got any ideas or suggestion i would like to hear them

thanks
jarret

MTS
10-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a Load of BS...iv had a few motors shipped up from down south...Depending on the Shipping company...all they need to do is fill out a paper declaring the value of the Said object, and depending on the weight, iv had a few 55-60lbs motors shipped from one coast to the other between 50-100$...Sounds like Deadbeat looking for an excuse for Extra cash.

big red hemi
10-26-2010, 10:27 PM
oh ya thats the other thing whats the stock weight of a 300 trx its got to be close to a 250es engine any one know?

ATC Dude
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
If possible, you can try to have it shipped somewhere close to the border. Then drive across and get it.

pirate122
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
I ran in the exact same situation last year and it finaly cost me $225 for shipping and it was suppose to be $100 with ups +the asshole custum charge me $89 at the border, ups will price the item at a hight price but they wont tell you about the custom so I made a check of $89 to ups to get my motor and I call the bank and tell them to stop my check,it cost me $15 to stop it but it worth it,the seller at ebay was a jerk and lie about everyting he live in fort-convington new york I found out he was 16 year old and he was using his mom name for a account at ebay the motor listing on ebay was new fresh rebuilt motor. this was all lies and I had to rebuild it my self. those motor are heavy(110 lbs) you should be able to open a dipute on ebay about your seler because he lied on shipping cost. GOOD LUCK

Dirtcrasher
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I SOLD a set of tires to someone in Canada, FEDEX and he paid the 50$ or so it cost.

2 months later and I get charged a "duty fee" of another 40$, it was my account, I was the seller and it came from FEDEX via us mail. I emailed the buyer and told him "In my auction I promised to ship anywhere, as long as you absorbed any and all fees, duties or tariffs etc etc". Fortunately, he paid.

That motor is probably about 100lbs so if you won it cheap and it's nice, it may be worth it............

That was my experience with Canada and I'll never ship there again with an account.

ceaserthethird
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Best and Easy way to ship is www.USPS.com Not cheap !

one Small form and that's it.

I ship all motor's in a Rubber maid Container cost about $14 - $20 bucks Well worth it !

RoscoW
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Like one of the previous guys said, You can ship it to a UPS store in the closest border town and then go pick it up. they charge 10$ to receive and hold it. Only worth while if your fairly close to the border though.

Ross..

Xpress
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Cost me $34 to ship an exhaust and a carb to Canada, when shipping to the US it would have been $17.

Shipping internationally ain't sheap.

northerntrike
10-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I've had similar experiences getting big things shipped from the good ole us of a to canada. What amazes me is I have ordered stuff from China on ebay and the shipping for the exact same item coming in from the states was half the cost.

big red hemi
10-27-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks for the ideas guys. the rubber maid container is a great idea.
a guy at work says he has relatives in phoenix, im going to have the engine shipped to his inlaws. early in the new year he is planning to drive down for a visit, and he will drive it back. if this all works out i will only have to worry about shipping from WI to Az. Ill have to wait until 2011 but that will give me time to get my hands on some go fast parts.

big red hemi
10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
does any one know where i can down load a service manual for a 1990 trx 300. ya i know that has 4 wheels i just want to read up on the engine assembly and specs

thanks
jarret