PDA

View Full Version : The 'little Tecate that could' is done.

hang&rattle
10-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I have actually already got 20 or so hours of riding on it. Should've posted some pictures before I rode it throught the river and went trail blazin'. But I'm not all that smart, as ya all know, so it's dirty. Little green buggy pulls pretty good. Has rebuilt motor with a new Wiseco piston, new gaskets & seals, and bearings. New (93' kx 125) rear master brake cylinder, DG exhaust, shaved seat, new (bigbear 250) fuel petcock, shortened dogbone, new rear tires, uni air filter. Had it runin' here and there, but wanted the motor (actually the spare) rebuilt and eveything mechanically sound. Still have several upgrades I'll do in the future, just so I can be cool like everyone else, but if this was it, I'd be more than happy with it. Thanks to dcreel, well all the Tecate guys and Dirtcrasher and all the answers to my questions. I am not a good mechanic, but with the backing I got, this is one sweet trike to ride, believe me.

dcreel
10-26-2010, 06:31 PM
You did awesome, Robby. It looks great.

HuffieVA
10-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Looks great, I really like the look of the cut down seat, it gives it a fastback look or something

Vootie
10-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Looking good, how's the DG pipe?

jeswinehart
10-26-2010, 07:47 PM
That looks like a fun one hang, nice job !

Rjfabwerx
10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Sweet ride dude! I'm so jealous, I want one of those sooooooooooooooo bad! I live in Honda Heaven as far as finding good deals on trikes but there are no Tecates nor Tri-Z's around here that I'm aware of...Nebraska is a Honda state...I'm declaring that! ;)

fabiodriven
10-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Lookin good bro. What made you cut the seat down like that?

Bryan Raffa
10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
nice.. now go wash it and oil the chain!:beer

Iprefer3
10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey my man let's a video of 2smoker. There's nothing like the sound or snap of a 2stroke.

hang&rattle
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
fabiodriven-The seat was really uncomfortable, it had been redone, but they added extra foam, it was hard and tall. I had to reach down for the handlebars. Being's I'm small the handlebars are right in front of me now and I have the perfect knee bend, like riding a bull sorta. Vootie- I wouldn't know the difference between the dg or stock or jemco, just don't have that much experience, but that Wiseco piston really improves the horsepower, but a little more stubborn to kick over now, wish I was 30lbs. heavier. This trike is mechanically great now. Front wheel bearings is all I have left and a new carb a buddy on here has for me, but those are more upgrades. I did this for pretty cheap for the preformance standards I get from this atv. With it being lower and having more power, it handles slightly better than the 200x's and it rips. I had to improve the handleing to help me hold on to it. Now onto the next project, the 84' (and another cleanup and repaint on Tasha's 200 auto-x).

leviblue
10-27-2010, 03:55 AM
looks hot and love the colors...... nice job