PDA

View Full Version : Honda Paint Color Question

xrider
10-23-2010, 08:55 PM
I purchased a set of fiberglass 200x fenders that are ready to paint. I would like to match Honda's factory red paint color for fenders. Does any body know the paint code for it? Thanks in advance.

bigdarren
10-24-2010, 04:41 AM
honda red is called passion red r109 :-)

xrider
10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Awesome thanks!

pantera1975
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Just watch it it will vary in shade from one brand to the next and single stage to base clear.

Xpress
10-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Where did you get the fenders?

xrider
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Pantera - Thanks I'll keep an eye out. Is there a particular brand that you've had success with? I picked the fenders up from a board member on here as well as a few other parts. They are the SRP Low Pro fiberglass fenders.

pantera1975
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I got some PPG Red mixed in Deltron base coat it was not even close to the red on the frame under my tanks on my 85, 86 R and 86 200x. It was $90 my cost for a pint. But in general with all the paint we use at work from one brand to another does vary using the same code. I'd like to see them fenders you have once. I just bought a 85 r frame, swing arm with a good shock and forks. It has faded red maier low pro fenders I remember from the 80's. There real good shape just faded to pink. I want to build a replica 85 86 r ice racer replica to put in my basement with my farm toy collection in the family room.

hublake
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
I have found Rust Oleum "Sunrise Red" is very close to Honda "Passion Red"

pantera1975
10-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Here is the LP Maier fender I got I paid $25 for the fenders, tank and pet cock, frame, swing arm, shock, forks and most all the little trinkets taht are red that go with the frame.107841107842107843

xrider
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I'll snag some pictures of mine once I get it back from the painters. That's a good price for those fenders, I have the same set of low-profile 250r maier fenders at home on my shelf in good shape, but I like the looks of the oem fenders a little better. They are a good choice if your building an ice racer tho. I would try to source a short track kit if I were you, they are a good addition for an Ice racer. I bought my 1986 250r from an old ice racer up north. It came with the short track kit, low pro fenders, a solid shock strut, and studded tires when I purchased it.

shortline10
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Matt I think you should do a build thread on this 200x or at least a few pics of the progress . I would really dig it .:beer
PS off to the post office :lock:

tundrawillie
10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
When checking on the paint, ask about a flex agent that can be blended with the paint to minimize the risk of spider cracking if you slightly bend a fender. I remember the Firebird Formulas from the late '80's had this on the foam rear spoilers on the read deck lid. A good friend had one of these cars back then and on very hot Alabama Summer days, you could press your finger into the spoiler and it would push in almost like a sponge and then spring back to the original contour. Doing this didn't even phase the paint.

pantera1975
10-25-2010, 01:25 PM
I'll snag some pictures of mine once I get it back from the painters. That's a good price for those fenders, I have the same set of low-profile 250r maier fenders at home on my shelf in good shape, but I like the looks of the oem fenders a little better. They are a good choice if your building an ice racer tho. I would try to source a short track kit if I were you, they are a good addition for an Ice racer. I bought my 1986 250r from an old ice racer up north. It came with the short track kit, low pro fenders, a solid shock strut, and studded tires when I purchased it.

I got find a short track kit I haven't really tried yet.

xrider
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah I am planning on starting a build thread pretty soon Mike. I'm still looking for a few parts before I start the assembly. I'm trying to find a good chassis to work with. The one that I currently have is in worse shape than I first thought. I basically need a roller minus wheels, rear shock, tank, and fenders. I have a real nice NOS NASA Superaxle that I was going to use on this project, but I'm afraid it will be too wide with the hub conversions that come with the Missle Eng. flat track kit. The big thing I'm looking for is a nice exhaust for it, would like to use one outside of the typical Dg, Cobra, Supertrapp and Bassani. I'll keep an eye out for those parts :beer.