PDA

View Full Version : Lectron Power Jet found it's way home (pics inside)

Iprefer3
10-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I've had this carb in my possesion for 11 years (came on a 250r I bought long ago) and even once tried to sell it. Thankfully nobody bought it. It's been refreshed and is now on my 82 250r. It was a tight squeeze getting it into the intake boot but she went with a little stretch. The carb won't work with the stock carb to air box boot...so I went and picked a uni to fit. Had to take all but one screw out of the air box and push it forward to make work. It took a while to get the needle adjusted correctly but it's on and it idles nice. Going to go out tomorrow or sometime next week for some throttle on tuning. You can make alot of power with these carbs so we'll see how it goes. More to come soon. Not sure if the placement of boost bottle is good.
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/swickross/trikes/004.jpg
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/swickross/trikes/005.jpg

Yamaha_Rules69
10-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Awesome to hear. Does that air cooler rip or what? Is that your shock canister mounted on the front of the frame? Wheeler looks pretty good. Let us know how she does.

Bryan Raffa
10-23-2010, 07:34 PM
your chain guard is cracked.. and why did you mount that shock rez like that? gas line and a hose clamp for the rezzie??

yj350
10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
your chain guard is cracked.. and why did you mount that shock rez like that? gas line and a hose clamp for the rezzie??

I think that is the boost bottle he was talking about.

Iprefer3
10-23-2010, 09:36 PM
That's a boost bottle fellas for the carb. Ya I know my chain guard is cracked.

cosmohawk
10-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I get such a kick out of guys that anal'yze pictures people post...hahaha...usually pointing out problems that the person already knows about.

Anyways...cool carb, hope she works out for ya'. So is this carb a predacessor for the Keihin FCR carb series? Something just the same...except that the Lectron is the vintage edition?

Iprefer3
10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Not sure about FCR series haven't looked into that. As far as people making coments I don't take it personal at least I try not lol. Th way the lectron works...although I'm no expert is There are no jets period. The needle is flat on one side and that takes place of the jets. All you do to tune is either screw the needle in or out to richen or lean out. Pretty easy once you figure it out. But for mid-range and top end you may have to go up or down a size on the needle. On top end it pulls fuel from the bowl and dumps it in the carb and that's when the boost canister also comes into play to pull more air at the same time. If you get it set-up just right it's far superior to most carbs, and greatly improves power and throttle response.