PDA

View Full Version : 250R Fork Rebuilding

scottytohotty48
10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
My right fork has been leaking oil but latly it got pretty bad so I got her appart but I cant figure out what this piece is that is still in there. I looked at the shp manual and even the cylmer one but they are very brief and dont go very far in details. Im assuming its the old oil seal or a backup ring or a bush guide?. Can somone please tell what it is and how to get it out? Also the fork tube would kind of wobble a bit inside its casing why is it doing this? And where is the cheapest place to get these parts? Thanks your help is much appreciated.

harryredtrike
10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
here is a breakdown of your fork.

clutchcargo
10-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah, that's pretty gummed up. Looks like the old seal in there. Make sure you have the big circlip removed also. I would start by cleaning everything real good so you can see what you're dealing with.

Dirtcrasher
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
It's the old seal, the spacer and the upper bushing (usually comes out with the lower bushing when you yank it apart, sometimes they get stuck).

Unless you can beadblast it, I'd look for another one, even a bent set could save you some work.......

scottytohotty48
10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Can you label it for me?

harryredtrike
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Can you label it for me?

who,me?????