PDA

View Full Version : 200X + yz 465 = ?????

Wagonload420
10-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey guys so the last 3 days or so i've been talking to a guy from round here somewhere and through our discussion of 250r parts and other variouse things he told me he had parts for 82's 84s and a few others, then he mentioned he had a 200x with a yz465 2 stroke in it. Now he hasn't said a word as to whether it runs or is complete or what, but with the difficulty in finding myself a decent 250R or even a 200x itself is pretty up there, I've grown curious as to what it does(or doesn't lol ) need and what i can pick it up for. Now as to why I posted I thought i would share this backyard creation as it sounds pretty sweet to my ears, and if you guys got any input as to what it might be like ride wise, what ya think anything really, I'll update as i find out more, and definatly some pics if i can get ahold of em, I'd love to see this thing in action!!!!

Xpress
10-19-2010, 04:59 PM
If it does have a 465 in it, then it's going to HAUL, but without suspension revamping, it's going to land hard all the time, especially with the height and distances you will be able to jump with it.

dirtjunkie85
10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree big motor with crappy suspension. but throw some newer style forks and shock on there and you've got yourself a screamer!

tecat-z
10-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Let's just assume it was installed correctly, and all modifications were done in a well thought out and proper fashion. Meaning engine relationship, carb fitment, and proper exhaust routing. If this particular engine is running correctly, it will be an absolute handfull. It's an open class 2stroke for gods sake! Many people actually prefer the 465 over the later 490 engines. It would require much respect, and skill to ride safely under MOST conditions. Things happen fast with these big engines, and can be more than most of us really need 99% of the time. They are completely different than the big 350-370 etc, Honda kits. Bike engines are MEAN>........... And things happen incredibly fast with them. The 200x chassis is weak in nearly all areas for such a swap, though 86-87 would be superior to the first gen.

Wagonload420
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
If it does have a 465 in it, then it's going to HAUL, but without suspension revamping, it's going to land hard all the time, especially with the height and distances you will be able to jump with it.

Done think i'll be doing much jumping with it lol, it's gonna be scary enough down the trails!!

Bryan Raffa
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree 86-87 frame ,,

Eric250R
10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
The vast majority of these "creations" are the end result of alot of beer and boredom and rarely are they done correctly. I would inspect it closely before handing over any cash.....also....scroll up and read Tecat-Z's post again.

Xpress
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
If you can get it for a good price then go for it. If it turns out to be a basket case, you could always part it out and break even or gain a little profit. My guess is the frame isn't going to be sellable if its been heavily modified, but components like engine or suspension and wheels and swingarm can be profitable.

Wagonload420
10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Turns out it's not for sale yet, but i told him to put me first on the list for when it is! and it definatly wasn't a weekend project, guy told me he had about 500hrs labour and 2300 bucks into it so far, and said there's more to come. I'll have some pics in the next few days, I told him i had to have pictures of a beast like that, and i know all you guys wanna see it too lol.