PDA

View Full Version : 200x axle coller problem

Spark'y
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
so my bike decided it needed new axle bearings in the rear and seized the old ones up when i took out the old bearings i discovered my axle has slop on the new bearings not sure if i can get a speedy sleeve or just get a new axle and the collar that goes between the bearing was a piece of exhuast tubing that somebody had put in and i found its a not avalible any more if somebody has one out or has the specs on what one so i can make a replacement that would be greatly appreciated :beer

harryredtrike
10-15-2010, 11:11 PM
nice big giant sentence.just shim it again.

Spark'y
10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
yeah grammer and spelling a not mot strong suits i'm a boat builder lol i know speedy sleave the axle but i still need a collar for inbetween the bearings i can make my own very easly but i have a poor starting point and it would be easeir if somebody has already gone through this

harryredtrike
10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
yea you can make one easy.i dont have the dimensions off hand, maybe some one has one out and can measure for you.

Spark'y
10-16-2010, 12:05 AM
so it seems i'm not the only one going through i googled it and found a few things i'll post up some demensions and pics later when its done

Spark'y
10-16-2010, 02:13 AM
all you need is a piece of pipe that fits over the axle and cut it to fit nice inbetween the bearings mine was about 4.125 inch

harryredtrike
10-16-2010, 02:21 AM
cool, thanks for coming back with the info.im sure someone will need that down the line.

ATCrider42
10-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I saw one of those sleeves for sale on ebay just the other day. Try buying a replacement or just buy a measuring caliper and figure it out. Also, go back to english class.

Dirtcrasher
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Hoe do you get a speedy sleeve OVER the splines?? How could it fit every different amount of wear?

An 82250R axle also fits your trike and the 200X of course. This is a very popular model, post in classifieds and I'll bet you can get a nice standard axle fairly cheap.

Post a link to this "sleeve".......

Spark'y
10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah i took a look on ebay. The sleave was 3 dollars and shipping was 30 bucks. Instead it cost me a couple bucks in materail and some time in the shop so i think i'm ahead on this one for sure and i got the part in under 7 days lol(actually only took a about 30 mins to measure and make).

Here is the link to speedy sleeves they are made by skf they don't fit every type of wear but you can machine and work the prt to fit in most applications. http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?maincatalogue=1&lang=en&newlink=4_5_3 please note they do say for seals but i have seen them used on bearing surfaces before. You can also send a axle or shaft to a good machine shop and have them spray weld it but its expensive to do.