PDA

View Full Version : I lost my spark...

v8280z
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
So last week I finally got the '84 250r Ive been building all summer ready for the first ride. I had it started a couple times in the driveway but only for 30 seconds or so as it is pretty loud. I decided to take it out for a ride to work out any bugs, so I loaded it up and drove out to my favorite riding spot, unloaded it and kicked it over - started on the first kick!! It ran for about 30 seconds and died.... I have since kicked several hundred times trying to get it to start again. I have determined it is not getting any spark. I took out the manual, ohm'd the exciter and coil - everything is good. I checked the plug wire and kill switch and just replaced the spark plug and it still has no spark.. I am out of ideas and have went through everything in service manual. Does anyone have any other ideas? :wondering

Xpress
10-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Check all of the connections. A bad connection can make it run sometimes and not others.

spoon
10-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I am running into this with a 250x and the frame was just PC'ed and was told that the ground needs a better connection. Might want to look for that.

v8280z
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
OK, I'm off to look for a loose connection or a bad ground...thanks

v8280z
10-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Problem solved....some idiot left the nut loose on the flywheel and it came partially off. Slid it back in place and tightened it up and off she goes. Now the idiot can go ridding!