PDA

View Full Version : Problem atc 110

Brankin
10-13-2010, 11:34 AM
HiHOHo I have a arc 110 1985. I changed the casing on my trike as it was cracked now it won't start and is giving me a really week spark . I changed the magneto coil in case I damaged it taking the fly wheel off and it's still a weak spark I've cleaned all the electrical connections . It run fine before what could I have done wrong please help as it's really killing me as I really want it running

JGedmin
10-13-2010, 01:15 PM
you may want want to recheck your work if missed something wire there may be something you missed and possibly did not hook up cuz there are three things it needs to run wich are fuel air and spark so if you have spark cuz you changed the magneto try looking at the carb and make sure you have no fuel problems i hope this helps.

Xpress
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Go back through everything and double check to make sure you wired everything back up properly. Make sure the connections on everything are making good solid contact (no corroded plugs!), including the coil wire to the spark plug. Corroded plugs can absolutely kill anything electrical, to make sure everything is clean.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what else to help you with. These 110 engines don't like to sit still- every one I have owned or had the opportunity to ride has always fired right up first pull, even with the original engines. These 110's are hard to kill!

Brankin
10-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Before I touched it it stared first time every time I just puzzled I'll have another go tomorow . But I cleaned the connection to Everything and I got a electric shock off the spark plug as I put it to metal I might sand the flywheel . It's really gutting as I've put a load of cash in to it

Brankin
10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Is there a grounding wire anywhere on the frame as I have recently sprayed it And I read that could be a problem thankyou regards Daniel

MonroeMike
10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/files/Wiring/ATC110x85.jpg

Brankin
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Thankyou for the diagram . Today I tried it again all the wiring seems ok and still no start so I've took the magento and flywheel out and mageto and have give them a right good clean and the fuels running fine. It's just so annoying but I'll keep going till it runs

Mr_RPM
10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe try and get some help. nothing like another set of educated eyes to look around from a different perspective

Brankin
10-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I finally got it started today by turning the round metal circle with the sensor on under the cdi unit . It's starts ok but every few times the pull start rips right out of my hands with some force as I pull it does anyone know why as it really hurt my. Finger a whipped my belly it's red raw haha Thankyou . Daniel

Mr_RPM
10-16-2010, 11:05 AM
thats a sign you have some good compression. If your good you can slowly turn the motor over and feel for the compression stroke, slowly pull over the compression stroke. then let the recoil rope back in and then give it a super hard tug, that normally keep it from pulling back. Its the only way to pull start bigger engines (my foreman 450)

but on the 110 you should be able to just hold on tight and pull, even my higher compression 110 isn't to bad, even compared to my big red.

Brankin
10-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I did hold tight it was never like this before I actually thought I broke me fingers haha but if it's nothing to worry about I'm glad as I don't want any more problems thankyou you all so much for help ifit wasn't for this forum it would be sold for spares by now

Mr_RPM
10-16-2010, 11:14 AM
hmmm maybe something is wrong them. maybe someone else can chime in...im not sure.

Brankin
10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Illl have a good look tomorow and see if the there's anything sticking the flywheel thig or on the pull it's self but I think it might be the thing on the flywheel I'll see tomorow anyway