PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the disease!

fabiodriven
10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
So I was sent a link to this trike from SBLT500R (Thanks Shawn!) and once again I couldn't resist the urge to spend money I don't have. The guy wanted $400 bucks that I don't have but as we all know it is a sickness that will never be cured. I sent him an email last night and told him I'd call him this morning. When I awoke this morning I was haunted by visions of endless house projects, an empty oil tank at my house, and countless other projects that need attention. It was enough to delay me from calling about the trike first thing in the morning and I was mulling it over until noon. Then I remembered a few months ago when my friend had asked me to keep my eyes open for a project. He used to ride and wrench when we were younger, but got out of it a few years ago. I called him up, and he told me to pull the trigger. I figured I'd be able to beat the guy up for at least a hundred, but he wouldn't budge. $400 it was.

It needs a lot, too much to list, but it should be torn down to nothing and built back up again. I told my friend he has to become a member on here and document the whole process. Hopefully he will.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/meh030.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/meh029.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/meh028.jpg

Mosh
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Dayum who needs fuel oil...
That boy be gotten wood..LMAO

Good to see your buddy showing interest again.

aldochina
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
nice!! your buddy should have fun with that, hopefully we get to see some pics of the beast and its transformation. I'm sure with all your kxt knowledge things will go smooth. someday i will start my 85 project, someday!!

fabiodriven
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Dayum who needs fuel oil...
That boy be gotten wood..LMAO

Good to see your buddy showing interest again.

Yup. Wood is the mainstay, but I gotta keep it somewhere above freezing while I'm at work...

RIDE-RED 250r
10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
yep, im a victim (quite possibly a willing one) of the same disease! Your situation sounds so very much like mine, with the whole wanting to spend money i dont have on motorized toys before spending it on the things i "should spend it on"... Get your buddy on here. Nice job saving another good ol trike from damnation to the dustbin of history

thestud25
10-12-2010, 09:26 PM
That's what addicts errrr I mean friends do. We keep you addicted!!!!

Iprefer3
10-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Will be nice to see another one come back to life. Only one it seems I don't have these days is a tecate. Don't come up for sale here much.

hang&rattle
10-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Impulse buy, fueled by friends and a need to salvage (save). I did the same thing a couple of months ago. Sight unseen. Runs. $100 more than you paid though. Needs a carb or cleaning. However, I did get some propane with this check, and am thinking about doing some extra insulating.......nawww, screw it.

harryredtrike
10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
looks pretty decent,and the rebuild should be fun to watch.

DirtDevil
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
What a ghastly creature. I love it.

Is that a twister on there?

NINJA
10-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Bonus, it came with white fenders! Strip that spray-paint off them bitches.

fabiodriven
10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Is that a twister on there?

Why yes it is. All Tecates came from the factory with a twist throttle.

fabiodriven
10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Bonus, it came with white fenders! Strip that spray-paint off them bitches.

Good one Ninja! I should have a set of plastics for him for the time being.

TecateDan
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
All right here we go!!!! Like my boy Fabio said I've been out of the game for a while but couldn't help but pull the trigger when her called me. Besides I never thought that I would actually find a project Tecate so I guess it was fate or the fact that Fabio is a total trike addict. HMMMMM now I just need to actually take ownership and get to tearing it down. I guess my first question is what color to do the frame and Paint vs Powdercoat????
Oh yea my favorite trike might still be my old ATC250sx. Shaft drive and reverse, how can you go wrong

Mr_RPM
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
or the fact that Fabio is a total trike addict.
wont be long, be careful =P

Xpress
10-13-2010, 01:43 PM
All right here we go!!!! Like my boy Fabio said I've been out of the game for a while but couldn't help but pull the trigger when her called me. Besides I never thought that I would actually find a project Tecate so I guess it was fate or the fact that Fabio is a total trike addict. HMMMMM now I just need to actually take ownership and get to tearing it down. I guess my first question is what color to do the frame and Paint vs Powdercoat????
Oh yea my favorite trike might still be my old ATC250sx. Shaft drive and reverse, how can you go wrong

Go with a green frame, then white plastics (if you can get a pair) :D

RIDE-RED 250r
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM

welcome aboard!

NINJA
10-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Go with a green frame, then white plastics (if you can get a pair) :D

It already has white plastics.