PDA

View Full Version : carb

1984 200x
10-12-2010, 07:20 PM
my 200x has gas in the carb and the carb is clean but the plug does not get any gas at all. if anyone knows what this could be please let me know. its got me stumped

tri again
10-13-2010, 02:59 AM
What I usually do is open the float bowl drain, and let a cup or 2 of gas flow out (you can save it).

If fuel doesn't flow out the drain, the drain is either plugged or the float is stuck up. or it's too low on gas to make it to the carb, or the fuel shutoff screen is clogged.

I've seen freshly rebuilt carbs with the floats hung either open or closed which is why I usually blow thru them and turn them over upside down after going thru them and before putting them back on.

It tells me if the float is opening and closing the float valve.

I've also had them overflow but a gentle tap to the body will take care of that, especially if I have personally gone thru them and know for sure that they are spotless.

Has this engine ever run before?

does it have compression and vacuum enough to draw air/fuel in?

Will it fire with a super short burst of ether?

4cylinders
10-13-2010, 09:26 PM
hey, valve adjustment first.

1984 200x
10-17-2010, 08:59 AM
yeah it ran fine. i rode it to my truck to take it on a ride and shut it off when i got to where i was going i kicked it over and went about 50 feet before it shut off. i know i need a valve adjustment too. the float and everything is fine. it doesn't get gas to the cylinder for some reason

ATCrider42
10-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Check the needle jet. It has small litle holes that allow fuel to flow through that can easily get clogged. The way to check is to take it apat (very carefully! don't lose anything) and then hold it up to the light and you should be able to look all the way through the small holes in the "Needle Jet Holder." This is just a guess as to what your problem could be. But your best bet is to just to a complete carb rebuild or clean out. Carb kit prollly isn't that much money. If you don't know a lot about carbs then look up info in your service manual. There is access to service manuals on this website somewhere. Sorry i can't direct you.
Sorry for the bad pic but you can just barely see that there are three small holes on this part.