PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Top Mount Gas Tank

Just-Tri-It
10-10-2010, 01:37 PM
How many orders would it take to get a plastic top mount gas tank made by one of the companies that are producing them for other bikes? About how much would each cost? Anyone ever check?
Thanks

code200k
10-10-2010, 01:55 PM
i dont think any company would because they would have top make up a mold for a top mount tank...

Iprefer3
10-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Why not just have a metal one made. I saw one that looked killer for sale on ebay a while back. But it sold for big $$$$.

luke
10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
There are threads on here about PW tanks, and genuine old school tanks.

Just-Tri-It
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
The ones in the threads usually use zinger tanks and special made one go up in the bucks like stated above. I heard that one company would do it with a 50 minimum order for about $200 apiece but not definite about that.

denn
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I would be in for that. I hate having a fuel pump with all that added crap. I have an old school JP racing Metal one but its kinda crappy for trails cause it only holds about 1 1/4 gallons. It sits on top of the frame, there is still alot of room underneath of it it add to. A nice plastic one that takes up all that space and still fits under the stock cover would be killer. Ill bet you can squeeze it up to atleast 2 gallons or better. Ill even donate a frame for the mold.

Denn