PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing ever to happen to me

honda200
09-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Just imagine your me for a minute, (actually dont wish too too hard, i dont have a great life, lol) i am out workin on the 200X and i go in for dinner, my dad says when i sit down now son, i know you love your 3 wheeler, but, its not safe, we want you to sell it, and we want you to buy a 4 wheeler.

MY GOD!!!! HELP ME!!!!!

i heard something about wheel spacers, add like 2 and half inches each rim or something for stability?

I told my dad about them, he said he would look into them if i found a site for them, and i even told him about the Tri-Z havin the gas tank under the seat so it has a low centre of gravity, but he still wont go for it, he wants me to get this warrior for 2K, runs, looks good, but i want to keep my 200X!!!!

Someone please help, ATC crazy, MR ATC, JEB, HOWDY, 250RMAD, MANNY 55, anyone!!

Curtis

bbechtel16
09-19-2003, 11:41 PM
(Loads gun)

honda200
09-19-2003, 11:43 PM
lol, loads gun eh? i aint goin to shoot them!!

Curtis

bentwrench
09-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Sorry, you're own your own here. I do not have to deal with my Dad he is dead. I do wish we could have comunicated on more issues while we were both here.
OK try to explain to him that ,, that is what matters. Being young and foolish , and hopefully in this case, with reason is part of growing up/ wiser. I'm sure he done something against his Dad's wishes as he was growing up. Remind him that he survived and all was not lost. Tell him you still respect him and only wish for his support in your hobby.
If this works mail this to Dr. Phil
GOOD LUCK

ATCnut
09-19-2003, 11:58 PM
It is not the machine that is dangerous, it is the rider that is dangerous.

You need to prove to your dad that you are a responsible rider.

honda200
09-19-2003, 11:59 PM
BENTWRENCH, thanks alot, but his co worker had a friend that was paralzyzed (sp) and is now dead, apparently he was a good rider, but i betcha he was doing something stupid...

Curtis

Sorry to hear about your dad, i have always tried to communicate well with both of my parents, just for that reason

Curtis

bentwrench
09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
No don't get me wrong I'm old enough for my Dad to be gone, hell my Mom's still here and is a pain in the bu!!!
My Dad I all ways had a problem in my activities and "toys".."Son why do you need a 300HP Mustang?" " Son, why do you need a 8,000# 500hp pulling tractor?" and the classic "Why did you jump out of that airplane if it was still runnin"
I guess no matter what your age is now is a good time help the only relationship you'll ever have with your Dad. Try to explain your desire to ride on "3" and tell him it is what you want to do.
If all else fails bail out and sell to me at a salvage price!!!!
GOOD LUCK (again)

BLAZERONE22
09-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Tell him what I tell my wife, "They don't make them anymore and they will be worth a bunch of money someday", then show him how much the 350x's and Tigers are going for. Works for me. Get the warrior and ride it for a while and maybe he will reconsider. Then now you have 2 bikes.

jdparsons1
09-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Honda200, I noticed you have 130some posts to this board.... how long have you had your trike? Just curious why your dad is deciding that now it is dangerous. I think the way you need to approach this is the simple fact that no off road (or on road for that matter, but I would stick to the off road statistics) is without some type of danger. Hundreds of people get hurt on dirt bikes and 4 wheelers every year. Its all about rider skill and common sense. I have only been riding for almost a year now but I don't try to ride like someone who has been riding for much longer. I am probably a little more careful than some but I also have a two year old son that needs a dad thats not in a wheel chair so i use my brain. Thats not to say that accidents still can't happen but they can on any other type of vehicle.

I think you need to say to your dad, look i've had this thing for X amount of time and i know they handle differently than a four wheeler but knowing this i drive it a little bit different.

Russell 350X
09-20-2003, 09:00 AM
It is not the machine that is dangerous, it is the rider that is dangerous.

That is totaly true. It all depends on how long you've had your trike. Try to convince him that you have had so many years with it you and it has made you a responsible rider. Thats what I would say.

mkramm
09-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Ask him if he is trying to get you killed? Quads can flip just like 3 wheelers dad, what you would rather I be trapped under 600lbs instead of 300lbs? On second thought dont say that, just convince him to let ya keep both. Hey wait...I know...borrow someones tecate, R or Z and show him how insane that thing is, that way he will let ya keep your "mild Mannered" 200x

ATCMedic
09-20-2003, 09:20 AM
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard how 'unsafe' trikes are.....

Here's my advice on this one. It sounds like you have had your 200x for a while now, in all the time you have had it have you ever crashed? Do you have any friends who ride quads that have crashed? Talk to your dad about your riding record, it might sound dumb or like it won't work, but if you are a safe and responsible rider and you explain the reason you like your trike better than a four wheeler (it REALLY helps if you have any friends who ride four wheeler who have flipped them over..."see they still roll over") you just might get somewhere with him. Telling him that they are collectors items and are only going to go up in value shouldn't hurt either. To answer your questions about wheel spacers, I think I might even have a set kicking around somewhere. I think mine are 2.5 inch, and there might be 3 inch ones available as well. Try DennisKirk.com, they might have them. I believe Dura Blue makes them too. They definately will help with stability, you might also look into an extended axle it will do the same job as wheel spacers. I hope this helps you.

OldSchoolStyle
09-20-2003, 01:38 PM
I fell your pain, mainly cause my name is also Curtis, but look on Ebay, there allover, and tell your dad he is a pussy and then smack his face with a dildo, quads are just kinda gay.

jdparsons1
09-20-2003, 04:41 PM
I fell your pain, mainly cause my name is also Curtis, but look on Ebay, there allover, and tell your dad he is a pussy and then smack his face with a dildo, quads are just kinda gay.

Nice...... yeah, i'll bet that would work.

honda200
09-20-2003, 05:06 PM
yea, oldschoolstyle, that will work, then you can come visit my grave!!

lol, he is actually thinkin more about me keepin it now, i gotta prove a few times that i can ride it safetly maturly and responsibly, but, i was also thinkin, i just came in from trikin, my buddies brought done there quads and my bro used his, we had a blast, and my dad didnt say one word about be careful and all! he usually does, this is a big imporvement, also, i need some info on wheel spacers, if anyone knows anything, plese post!

Curtis

P.S. i bought my first trike about, july 2, sold it 2 weeks later, bought my 200X around august 3 or 4, so its been a while, but the intention was to buy it, ride it a bit, and sell it for a quad, i used to like quads, but i dont want to sell it now

Curtis

ATC crazy
09-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Honda200...

If you bought your trike with your own hard-earned money...I dont see how your dad could tell you to get rid of it. He should not have a say in it if he didn't put one dime towards the trike. At least thats how it works in my house. Do whatever you can to keep it...and do whatever you can to keep it AND get the quad.. ;)

Good luck

Manny55
09-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Just imagine your me for a minute, (actually dont wish too too hard, i dont have a great life, lol) i am out workin on the 200X and i go in for dinner, my dad says when i sit down: now son, i know you love your 3 wheeler, but, its not safe, we want you to sell it, and we want you to buy a 4 wheeler.

MY GOD!!!! HELP ME!!!!!

i heard something about wheel spacers, add like 2 and half inches each rim or something for stability?

I told my dad about them, he said he would look into them if i found a site for them, and i even told him about the Tri-Z havin the gas tank under the seat so it has a low centre of gravity, but he still wont go for it, he wants me to get this warrior for 2K, runs, looks good, but i want to keep my 200X!!!!

Someone please help, ATC crazy, MR ATC, JEB, HOWDY, 250RMAD, MANNY 55, anyone!!

Curtis

denniskirk.com sells wheel spacers. Durablue.com has wheel spacers they cost 110 bucks though. Whats your tire size on there now. Tell your Dad to give you a chance to prove to him you are good enough to ride the 3 wheeler. What made them think of this all of a sudden.

Manny

honda200
09-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Manny 55, i am getting new tires soon for it, i am actually considering a quad, here is the link to the one i am lookin at

http//www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=156&Region=&subcategory=701&CAT=7

it looks alright, but i dunno, i like my trike alot, do wheel spacers help alot?

Curtis

Manny55
09-21-2003, 12:28 PM
from what i heard wheel spacers help a lot. The link didnt work either.

timex69
09-21-2003, 05:30 PM
hey man...i know some people that had a honda 200 or 250 3 wheeler...i havent seen it in like 3 years anyway ill get straight to the point u can do 1 of 2 things...buy a big knobby front tire and wheel spacers or convert it to a 4 wheeler i know people that did it but i have no clue how..i say dont convert it unless u absolutely have to it'd ruin it

al

Manny55
09-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Do not convert it to a 4 wheeler whatever you do. I heard that they cant handle for trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro when you do that.

Manny

timex69
09-21-2003, 05:54 PM
they handel awesome if u do it right...if u wanna convert a 185 3 wheeler u need a 185 front end...if u dont it will suck at handeling...my freind has a 185 honda 3 wheeler engine in a 185 suzuki 4 wheeler frame and it will smoke my other freind when he rides his 185 suzuki original 4 wheeler...i find 3 wheelers are geared better then 4 wheelers but thats just me..converting it would be a waste tho

honda200
09-21-2003, 08:09 PM
well i have decided to sell the trike, the dirt bike, i am buildin a mini bike with a 3 and half briggs and stratton and then the tri moto out back, then hopefully have enough money for a quad, the reason is, i just went on some LITTLE trails my dad goes on while on the back of my friends quad, my god!!!! not even a 350X could make it through the little hole!! lol, so, i am lookin into a quad, the world of 3 wheelers will still live on without me in it

Curtis

Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply to this thread and look up info for me, thanks again, talkin to all of you was great.

Curtis

P.S. how much do you think i can get for my 200X?? new rear plastics, new rear bearings, starts up in 2 kicks cold, aluminum rims, about 65% tread left on rear tires, about 80% on front, looks sharp

Curtis

ATCMedic
09-22-2003, 05:08 AM
Manny 55, i am getting new tires soon for it, i am actually considering a quad, here is the link to the one i am lookin at

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=156&Region=&subcategory=701&CAT=7

it looks alright, but i dunno, i like my trike alot, do wheel spacers help alot?

Curtis

Wheel spacers do make a big difference on a 200x. FYI your bolt circle is 4x110 mm. You'll see a big improvement in stability with them.

Levithan
09-24-2003, 12:55 AM
Yay, another person has sold out. Whatever, if you get a quad, ONLY get a suzuki LT500R (AKA QUADZILLA) or a LT250R. But for gods sake dont get anything else! Im staying with my trike till the end!

bbechtel16
09-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Yay, another person has sold out. Whatever, if you get a quad, ONLY get a suzuki LT500R (AKA QUADZILLA) or a LT250R. But for gods sake dont get anything else! Im staying with my trike till the end!

Don't be so harsh man; I understand what that pressure from dad is like (more like he tells you have have to do it). Great get an LT500R, they have nice strong swingarms :rolleyes: (my friends 500 swingarm has like 4 big cracks in it). And what's wrong with the TRX250R, Banshee (well I can think of some for that one), and a lot of the newer high revving/high output 4 strokes? I guess I'm being kinda mean too, sorry if I am.

honda200
09-27-2003, 06:43 PM
well guys, lots of good deals i have seen, not scooped any up yet, lol, just waitin for the right one, but an LT500 Quadzilla would be nice, lol, no way, i aint going to own another 2 stroke!!

Curtis