PDA

View Full Version : The GOOD thing about trikes!!

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
At least we can reproduce and mimic just about anything without any of the big 3 bustin our balls. Copyrights/patents etc etc.

Their hands were tied but if they only knew what would happen a couple/few decades later.

Rest assured, there won't be too many parts we can't reproduce or handmake. I don't see trikes becoming extinct until I can't ride them at least :lol:

I'll never sell mine anyway, I hope to be 80yo with a small fleet of trikes :D

Oddly enough, the ATC70 is the hardest one for me to get running well.....................

harryredtrike
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
yea, they are not going anywhere.with a little luck finding parts,cross referencing parts,making parts,and fixing parts,we'll be riding these for a long time

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
That and modifying quads; I just can't see this ending soon unless the government took them away from us (just like your firearms..) :(

I look forward to utilizing newer parts and improve the trike as it was left off about 25 years ago..................

I'd really like to know how many still exist versus how many have been trashed or parted.

As long as we have the die hards, we'll always have trikes and parts. Much of it may need to be redesigned or changed as far as mounting but I think a good majority of members will be all for it as long as it looks and functions great :beer

I'd make a new mount altogether, rather then pay for a NOS OEM 12$ mount selling for 200$.........

inv3ctiv3
10-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Damn I feel you on that, my ATC 70 was such a pain to get running right, I can't wait to do a full frame up restore on a 350x, I am just waiting to find a super beat one to restore.

Xpress
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
That and modifying quads; I just can't see this ending soon unless the government took them away from us (just like your firearms..)

They won't be taking either from me, not now, not never ;)

Modifying a quad is something I've wanted to do, and thanks to TPC, it's less of a hassle :)

Vealmonkey
10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I really believe the future will be custom made trikes or limited run frames with other engines or however you would like to phrase it. Right now, used trike parts are still relatively inexpensive. But as more and more parts dry up and disappear it will make more sense cost wise, to build a trike using modern available parts. The big expensive parts like nos parts are going up every day and one day used parts will be just as expensive. It will force alot of people to have hybrid trikes. Not necessarily a bad thing though.