PDA

View Full Version : 87 250r in Europe?

atc500x
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I just read it in the question sent about the Crated 250r on ebay,seem like this guy have a 87 250r in europe......

Partner,i have one of the fewest,i mean fewest,87 atc250r three wheelers,came from the factory blue and white that year in europe,i tried to sell it a few years ago,in as good of condition as your un assembled 86,never received what i wanted and have it to this day,you will never see your reserve,but it is wishful thinking

Xhumeka
10-08-2010, 12:58 AM
I like Andy's response. His eBay ID should be posted so we can flood his account with requests for pics - he claims it's HIS, so he should have no problem providing photos...

NINJA
10-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Pics or it doesn't exist. It's as simple as that.
I can't believe the BS people post for questions on Andy's auction, and he's not even showing all of them on there. The asshats that overbid and retracted to find out the reserve on that trike should have their eBay IDs posted on here. Then we'll all know who to look out for, hopefully they aren't members here. If they are members, then I say it's only fair to make pinatas out of them for their faggotry.

D-dub
10-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Ya, he clearly states in his add only serious emails.

Buster Brown
10-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey, guys I'll post more info on these ebay members later after things calm down. The last thing I need are retaliating ebayers, and continued messing with this auction. The more meddling I get the less credibility the auction holds. I'll spill the beans later. Hey, if there really is an '87 ATC 250R in Europe, I too want to SEE it. Kinda have my doubts though. Didn't he say it was blue and white ????? Then again, I never would of thought any of this would have happened either! Never say never.

Xhumeka
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, guys I'll post more info on these ebay members later after things calm down. The last thing I need are retaliating ebayers, and continued messing with this auction.

COMPLETELY understood... as a frequent eBay seller - I share your frustration with lack of recourse for fake/phishing bidders.

Buster Brown
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, I failed to hold my tongue.
Check the auction thread............................

scooterroo
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
well if i remmeber correctly, i remember there being a thread a few years back about a guy claiming to have an 87 r over in europe and even had a pic pposted up of it, only to have the hopes and dreams of everyone believing there was an 87 shot down because after further examination of the pics, it was clearly an 86 with the white plastics and 87 decals which could have come from any decal maker. but the guy was pretty convincing at first. hope its not this guy again.

harryredtrike
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
pics,put up or shut up.

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I've seen the pics of the "87" 250R but there are such small differences that it's hard to say. White shrouds and a key switch don't confirm it; Nor does a seat with a different "A"..........

The VIN tells all but we'll always get liars and baiters.

mxnick
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
yea, i saw that comment as well and was like "wtf". While it is highly unlikely, perhaps busterbrown can suggest to this man via his ebay account that he post some pics on this site? This would be very interesting if in fact it proved to be true. Keep in mind there are many regional honda importers throughout Europe, and it is certainly possible that AHM (american Honda Motor) send some of these ATC's to europe once the consent decree kicked in. Also, in Europe, the model year of the various bikes does not matter like it does in the USA. In fact, they rarely make mention of the model year over there. Its strange, i know, it is the case.I am suspect to an actual '87 though and think it is an 86 with some sort of aftermarket dressing.

TrailerRider
10-10-2010, 01:28 AM
link to auction?

beets442
10-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Is this the ATC in Q http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-ATC-250R-NOS-parts-OEM-crate-USED-/110593078762?pt=ATVs&hash=item19bfdc75ea

mymint87
10-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Hey, if there really is an '87 ATC 250R in Europe, I too want to SEE it. Kinda have my doubts though. Didn't he say it was blue and white ????? Then again, I never would of thought any of this would have happened either! Never say never.

I was on the phone with a FACTORY ATC rider tonight, I showed him the link to the 250r crate auction and we were talking about the price....he made a comment to me that know after reading this thread seems too creepy........he said, "i wonder how much an 87 250R would go for?"...., I have never really discussed any 87 models trikes with him as we usually only talk about his or my personal machines

so when he said 87 250r.... i said, "Oh you mean the red and white one?"...(thinking of the 87 brochures i had seen)....he said, "red and white?..........no, they were blue"

I mean, I never thought they were blue, yet a factory racer insisted that they were....although here we go again....all the ignorant haters can pile on, but they are out there.....along with the 1985 ATC500R

maybe the best thing for the community is this auction, who knows what this attention will smoke out of the woods

code200k
10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
where is all this 500r talk coming from???

TheRealFatShady
10-10-2010, 12:48 PM
The 'Holy Grail' thread in Open Forum.

I did some searching but did not post in the thread, wasn't around then so I figured it was not my place. I did see a few older threads and info saying there was possibly 5 made, others said one. I believe a thread on here from 2003 said I.R.S. on the 500R. Some say they were destroyed, others say shipped back to Japan in storage or maybe a museum, or still in the states, hidden or lost or forgotten. Seems like speculation until one is discovered (if it EVER is). But by now, it's 20 year old technology. Might as well wait for custom builds to be made once ATC parts run dry.

mymint87
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
the 87 250r topic is frequent and as old as the twist vrs thumb threads...but believe it or not....whether you hate it or not...each time its brought up, it brings us one tiny step forward towards the conclusion we all seek.....TRUTH

I must repeat myself....the crate 250R ebay event has definately shaken the tree so to speak...and provide the community with great publicity.....lets all be patient and watch what falls......but when we go around (and I'll combine 2 threads that basically are connected) and claim a known crate250R is the holy grail of ATC's....why that borders on permenant moronictude mentality

Thorpe
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
X owner........