PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha tri moto 125 having trouble installin new throttle cable HELP!

trimoto1982
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I just got a throttle cable for my 82 tri moto 125. I only got the part that goes from the thumb to the boot. After the cable goes into the boot, it comes out the other side as two cables and one goes to the carb and one goes somewhere else. How do i get the old throttle cable out of that boot and put the new one in? If anyone can help that would be great. Im dying to ride!!!

mike1979
10-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Is the manual any help??

flowmasterman
10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
the "upper" throttle cable like you got goes into the "lower" throttle cable, the thumb throttle goes into a housing which is connected to the carb as well as the oil pump for the oil injection, the single cable you have from the throttle is connected to the lower throttle via a plastic adapter, where the 2 meet should come apart, around the white adapter piece it will have a o-ring to old the cables in place, the black piece that houses the 2 connections snaps together, i have a new lower throttle cable as well as a used adapter that should work on your trike pm me with any other questions. I have a 81 125 i bought from 2nd owner,,it has the palm throttle. i think on your year they changed it to a thumb throttle?