PDA

View Full Version : Nice 350x mods - any info on them? (dual exhaust, axle guard, rack, nerfs/heel guard)

TheRealFatShady
10-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Not sure if these are just one-off home jobs or what. Would post in Craigslist/Linkage section but it's more just info about the mods being sought.

Ad - http://southcoast.craigslist.org/rvs/1987975668.html

Pics - My photobucket in case C/L ad comes down.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/videogamer2005/3n43mb3le5V65T55S1aa4875877d6e0021232.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/videogamer2005/3n43k93lb5Y25W25S5aa477fd3f1f4c5b1dcc.jpg

Looks like a rear axle guard or bumper guard? Nerf bars, heel guards, dual exhaust, rear rack/grab bar. Man, anyone seen this thing in person? I want it!!!

I may call the guy just to go look at the mods in person to see if I like them for my 350!!

Thoughts?

Cuztom Racing
10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Wow that is sweet! Find out some info on them duels!!

Kinda looks like a 400ex header and heat shield..

TheRealFatShady
10-05-2010, 12:18 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/videogamer2005/3mf3o33l85T15U15P2aa35a6890c135b91fe7.jpg

That's a 300ex grab bar, maybe 400ex or other quads are similar, just saw that on CL and looks the same.

I may drive up to him, hopefully not too far from me. If the seller allows it, I will get a bunch of info and pics and post em up here.

jensenracing77
10-05-2010, 05:24 AM
the dual exhaust may look cool to some but it don't perform like you would think it will. with a single cylinder and 2 exhaust valves you will make one valve flow less than the other and many times will decrease power. this is why most all the new 450 quads have a single exhaust coming out of the head. the faster you can bring the two ports together the better.

Dirtcrasher
10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
It does nothing to improve it, just more crap in the way....... Maybe the 400EX headpipe would be an improvement.

Brett is the person who took me to Trikefest yet never let his wife know he owed me $$ and I've never spoke with him again, leading her to believe I didn't pay my share of gas and tolls.

He's a user.................

It is a 1200$ trike and in Taunton , Mass and I'm glad he has to sell it :D He'll never see half that asking price.

Cuztom Racing
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Hmmmm.... My drag raptors only have two exhaust valves yet we run twin drag pipes.. They make the most power on the dyno.. Not only our 660s but the new 700 raptors are the same way the best preforming pipes out there are true duels. Not sure where yal got your info but the dyno dont lie..

fabiodriven
10-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Hmmmm.... My drag raptors only have two exhaust valves yet we run twin drag pipes.. They make the most power on the dyno.. Not only our 660s but the new 700 raptors are the same way the best preforming pipes out there are true duels. Not sure where yal got your info but the dyno dont lie..

My guess is at WOT the duals would be the hot setup. I bet down low the duals don't have the back pressure to make any decent torque.

When I worked at a custom exhaust shop a few years ago a guy brought in a Ninja (I think) that had true duals. They had run two pipes from two cylinders to one muffler each. The thing ran like dog-poop. I told the guy he needed to have all four pipes come into one and then split it off to the two mufflers, so that's what we did. Once we ran them all together and then split them it ran fine.

If you really want the two mufflers then split it after the two head pipes come together, then there will be no torque loss. It looks cool, but it's really just extra weight.

Cuztom Racing
10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
That maybe the case at WOT on the drag pipes but they are alot of companies that make true duels with canisters and they make good power all over. I do know where your coming from its kinda like running a X or H pipe on a car and equalizing the two banks. The twin pipes on any single cyl do look good but to be honest if your going to ride it alot i dont like em. They weigh alot more than a single and i always burned the crap out of my legs when i had mine on my 720 play bike. I went to a cuztom XX6 curtis sparks and loved it. I wish curtis sparks would build a race series pipe for the 350x! People would jump all over that, but they to worried about the new 450s to tend to us old school guys!

fabiodriven
10-05-2010, 06:01 PM
That maybe the case at WOT on the drag pipes but they are alot of companies that make true duels with canisters and they make good power all over.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing a Raptor with a true dual setup. I think it was an Alien exhaust maybe? Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Cuztom Racing
10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing a Raptor with a true dual setup. I think it was an Alien exhaust maybe? Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Shot there is alot of companies making duels! Matter a fact there are way more people running duels that single becuase they make so much more power. Ill post a pic and my drag bike has Barker peg mount drags on it and my stock bike has inframe Looney Tune duels on it. But just google 700 raptor duels all kinda pipes will pop up.

jensenracing77
10-06-2010, 05:27 AM

i guess i would have to see the dyno sheets. both pipes would have to be perfectly matched from side to side. even the joints could not be off more than 1/16 of an inch. if they were tuned to the bike and the exhaust pulse was timed from side to side maybe it is possible. would be much easier to just built a correct single exhaust.

Cuztom Racing
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
i guess i would have to see the dyno sheets. both pipes would have to be perfectly matched from side to side. even the joints could not be off more than 1/16 of an inch. if they were tuned to the bike and the exhaust pulse was timed from side to side maybe it is possible. would be much easier to just built a correct single exhaust.

Lol! Google duels for a raptor or any new model engine with twin exhaust ports! Singles are getting phased out everyone is going to duels becuase they make power.. period. Below is just a few companies and a few different designs.

jensenracing77
10-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Lol! Google duels for a raptor or any new model engine with twin exhaust ports! Singles are getting phased out everyone is going to duels becuase they make power.. period. Below is just a few companies and a few different designs.

if it is so good, why did all the manufacturers go back to a single port exiting the head for there 450 race bikes? the exhaust companies talking to there engineers are saying why sell one exhaust system when we can sell 2 at twice the price.

Cuztom Racing
10-07-2010, 06:37 PM
if it is so good, why did all the manufacturers go back to a single port exiting the head for there 450 race bikes? the exhaust companies talking to there engineers are saying why sell one exhaust system when we can sell 2 at twice the price.

You do have a point. But a the brand newly designed yamaha 700 has duel exhaust ports. A 450cc motor doesnt make near the exhaust than a 700cc motor not to meant they do it to gain torque on the 450s cuz compared to the 700s they dont make near the amount of torque. The drag racing world is building 1000+cc single cylinder raptor and DS motors.... Would a single exhaust really be enough?? Doubt it. Think outside the box not 1986 thinking.