PDA

View Full Version : xl185s or xr200 cam in 200x ?? Anyone??

themaxx69
10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
The next mod I was thinking about is going to be one of these cams. Was hoping I could get some feedback from those of you that have done either one, as to the performance increase.

I know the xr200 cam is supposed to increase mid-high power and the xl185s cam is supposed to increase low-mid. Would be nice to hear some real world results.

Currently, I have a wiseco 10.25 piston, cobra exhaust, and port and polish, and custom skid plates, of course. Honestly, as it is, I think it's great. It constantly amazes me, what that bike will do, with that engine. We mob these things everywhere. We take em rock crawling down nasty washes and creeks. Up washed out hills & trails that people are like, "you went up that!, on a 3 wheeler!!??":wondering Smashing rocks left and right. And it just keeps on going. I should put an energizer bunny sticker on the back.

It tops out around 55mph. Maybe cause there is only like 1-2 psi in the tires.
Would be nice to get a little more top end, but I would be happier if I could get better low-mid, and keeping the top, I think? I'm not sure if the mid-high cam would be better for hill climbs. I mean, most of the time, going up steeper pulls, it's screaming in 2nd or 1st. But then again, most of the riding is on trails and not at full throttle.

What do ya guys think?