PDA

View Full Version : '85-'86 ATC250R and 350X seat foam and covers

tundrawillie
09-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Hello all. A few years back, I contacted Tony Boswell with CEET Racing about ATC seat covers. I provided the images for the sides of the covers and he put them back into production. He has the 350X seat foam now and is willing to put the 250R foam back into production with a group buy if there are enough people interested. I've owned CEET products for years and the quality is top notch. The foam is non-porous, so it will stand up to countless years of use. For you ATC350X riders, contact www.ceetracing.com for replacement foam and nice, affordable seat covers. 1985-86 ATC250R owners that are interested in replacement seat foam can let me know. 25-30 orders will justify the expense of making a mold of the OEM seat foam. I have the donor foam and I'll mail it to Tony if we can get enough interest. I don't know of anyone else offering these products. Please share your thoughts about this opportunity.

vintagemotorsports
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I would take a few 250rs seat foams , but you know the 85 and 86 foams are different the 86 is a little taller , i would be interested in correct oem style 86 250r foams i would take several but they need to be the same as oem

tundrawillie
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Yea, the '86 is a bit taller than the '85. My foam is an '85, but if more people want '86 foam and someone will lend the OEM foam for the mold, that's fine by me.

Ironbnder
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I myself have two extra 85 seats and no 86s. They seam to be harder to find. Mosh and Mrs Mosh has us, well, covered on the cover. LOL!
They will do my next seat, if I had an 86 foam.

tundrawillie
09-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Well if someone has an OEM '86 seat foam, I'm cool with that. I don't have an '86 seat, but could use a couple. Also, I'm going to start making seat pans for the 250R soon. Probably a hybrid model that combines the 450R and 250R, also.

Mrs.Mosh
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't know of anyone else offering these products.

I have been doing seats for years http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117039-Cosmic-Quads-custom-seats-and-covers...8-years-worth-of-work-in-here.

I also sell seat foam. Yes, the 86 foam is taller than the 85 R foam. I get all my foams from Hi-Flite. Their foams are of excellent quality. A lot of aftermarket foams are like a brick, where Hi-Flite's are a nice combo of firm but still soft.

I have also been making covers for years, but I do not put my logo on the back like other companies.

Cuztom Racing
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I had already planned on getting a ceet cover for my 350x but i need new foam. Is the 350x ceet foam a excate oem replacement?? Cuz i dont want my seat all flat and rounded looking like i have seen other replacement foams look.

tundrawillie
09-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Yea, the CEET foam was molded from OEM foam.

AA19
06-26-2023, 12:20 AM
I have been doing seats for years http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117039-Cosmic-Quads-custom-seats-and-covers...8-years-worth-of-work-in-here.

I also sell seat foam. Yes, the 86 foam is taller than the 85 R foam. I get all my foams from Hi-Flite. Their foams are of excellent quality. A lot of aftermarket foams are like a brick, where Hi-Flite's are a nice combo of firm but still soft.

I have also been making covers for years, but I do not put my logo on the back like other companies.

I am in need of a few covers and at least one foam. I would absolutely appreciate your input as to which products to purchase. I am already positive I will send them to you to be covered. I am mostly wondering which foam at which density you consider to be the best.