PDA

View Full Version : 85 bigred, is really an SX ran when parked

tri again
09-26-2010, 11:58 AM
8 years ago

150$

How early is too early to call this guy?
and what should I look for?

Thanks

atc110riders
09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
if its a good time not to early not to late and try to be the first caller some people hold the bike for the first to call

bobotech
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Buy it. I would look to make sure its complete first. Make sure the pull starter is there and works, they seem to be expensive. See if all the cables are free still. Make sure it moves. Try the shifter and see if it seems to be working. Are the tires badly dry rotted? Look at the frame for cracks or repairs. Look to see if everything seems straight like the rear axle and front fork and the handlebars.

tri again
09-26-2010, 12:14 PM
well i waited till 9am to call
and told him I thought 150 was a little too cheap

so maybe that will do it.

now if I can figure out why my f150 won't run, I could even go get it.

tri again
09-26-2010, 12:41 PM
150 too cheap was THE clincher.

He called me out of 19 calls he got this am.

ready?

original owner, used it lightly for his landscaping biz for a sprayer, but bought a quad which was less tippy with gallons of sloshing liquid on the racks.

Orig tires are at least 50 percent
brakes work, orig key and title

never parked outside
and he said 200$ would be great
since he doesn't want 10 cl freaks scoping out his farm and barns to come visit when he's Not home.

sometimes a price and OBO just may mean a higher price.

so anyway, that's what got him to call.

harryredtrike
09-26-2010, 12:59 PM
yea i knew your game plan,ive bought a few on craigs list and most people try to offer less right off the bat without seeing the item.ill call or email and offer what he wants.usually not the first to contact but first to offer the asking price=trucking said item home

bobotech
09-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I never try to bargain on the price until I go visit the item. But you did good on what you did, unorthodox way of buying an item but it worked.

tri again
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
just got home and it's an 85 sx with factory racks, not b red

title, key and UNtouched orig tools.

orig tires 50% with an ohtsu spare on a rim.

perfect plastics, fuel had been drained so there's a crest of rust inside the tank but the bottom inside the tank is perfect.

left handlebar had been kinked from his kid hitting a tree but that's also part of the reason it got parked years ago.

He appreciated me offering more (300) and offered it to me for 150 so I gave him 200.

Explained that they're easily 6-800, maybe more but they usually require an honest 10 hrs to make them feel at home, dependable and predictable. and brings them up to a comfortable 6-800 which is where we should be.

i know i know, it's too dark to take pictures but it looks like a definite match backed up to the 87 es.

Pretty sure 2 sx's will fit in the truck for a trip to the fantasy land of the Oregon sand dunes, without needing the trailer, so I guess we'll see soon.

1 big red and it's trailer time.

or an sx and 2 - 90's?

...or I stop fooling around with trikes and figure out how to put a new computer in the 92 f150