PDA

View Full Version : World class help section manual download...

cooter69
09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I keep downloading the service manual in the world class help section and it wont work? I'm pretty good with computers and I dont understand why it wont work? Any ideas?

Dammit!
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Which manual doesn't work and which link are you using?

MonroeMike
09-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I assume it's for a 1978 Honda 90.

If you trying to open it and it chokes, right click and save it to your computer instead. Then view it off the hard drive.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/atc90_73-78_atc110_79-81_servicemanual.pdf

cooter69
09-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Awesome. that works. Thanks!

harryredtrike
09-24-2010, 02:55 AM
cool ,glad that worked for you.thanks monroemike

tri again
09-24-2010, 05:17 AM
for some reason, I have to download any pdf file, save it somewhere and then....

open the pdf reader and THEN open the file.

If I click on the file directly, it will crash.

I backed down to an older simpler acro reader with no bells and whistles, but still took me a couple weeks t o figure out how to make it work.

Hope that helps someone

STLTrike
09-24-2010, 07:08 AM
for some reason, I have to download any pdf file, save it somewhere and then....

open the pdf reader and THEN open the file.

If I click on the file directly, it will crash.

I backed down to an older simpler acro reader with no bells and whistles, but still took me a couple weeks t o figure out how to make it work.

Hope that helps someone

Yeah, thats usualy because the program is tring to read the file and display it as the file is downloading at the same time. If the manuals were only a few megs it would not be a big deal. But since they are pretty big files it messes with the program because its trying to display things that are not currently available, then it gets caught in a loop then things go down hill from there. Almost any file that is larger then 10 megs I download it locally then open it up from my computer. Video files are ment to stream in chunks that the application knows how to handel that is why you can watch movies and video with a good connection and your video player player does not crash.

MonroeMike
09-24-2010, 10:01 AM

I had to do that on a old laptop that's in my garage. There are other "free" readers. I use Foxit on my regular system.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/