PDA

View Full Version : West Coast swinger bearing carreir

mudbogger
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I had some time today, so I tore into my newest ride-an 86 250r I picked up off Ebay.I have replaced some items on it with used items I had from my other 250r projects I have here-stuff like wire harness,coil, headlight bezel, headlamp,forks, carb, air inlet, air filter, head,side case covers,handlebars,grips,controls, switches and all the fluids.I got time today and really got into the swing arm.It is a WEST COAST-pictured below.I measured it, it is just shy of 24 inches end to end, the carrier was toast, the carrier was/is a stock OEM 250r, swinger measured 87.30mm wide ID.It also has a DURABLUE axle, that measured 40 inches end to end.
Now my questions:
Who makes bearing carriers for this specific swinger still?
Is the axle a DURABLUE eliminator or heavy duty?
What hardware will work with the axle I have?I have a DURABLUE POSI LOCK 20-1627 NEW here in stock, but all the other brake hubs,etc are stock, can I use that lock?
Also, my sprocket side hub has some real bad wear, looks like the bearing went south and they rode it anyways-should/can I still use it as well(pictured below as well)
My rear brake line is too short-who makes longer ones designed for this swinger?(pictured below)
Thanks for the help in advance.

D-dub
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
any oem replacement carrier like LSR should fit right?

KASEY
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
not sure what model axle but its +4 .. the carrier from any 86 and newer will fit it, the sprocket hub is garbage,, there is no seal surface left for the seal to run on.
and take the loop out of the front of the brake line.. i have a stock brake line on a +6 swinger.. and that swinger is a +2...

NINJA
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Yup, any aftermarket carrier for an 86-87 TRX250R will fit no problem. A stock carrier will fit no problem. An 85 carrier for an ATC250R will not even come close to fitting. Congrats on getting a trike with that swinger. The 86 Westcoast swinger is a pretty scarce item compared to the 85.

mudbogger
09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
More pictures of the ride and information.The swinger carrier end measures 87.30mm wide, the swinger is 24 inches end to end.Chain which is toast is 64 inches end to end and the axle(durablue) measured 39.94 wide at the center point.When I tryed to get the carrier out, I hit it lightly with a rubber mallet and a peice of wood, the adjuster end fell right out, and the inner races were toast as well. Any recommendations for sprocket,brake hubs and harware by chance?
I did not look at the stock line to see if it had a loop in it, if for some reason it does not, any maker of aftermarket lines still around?

dcreel
09-12-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.streamlinebrakes.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BLINES%2DATVUTV%2DU
http://www.speedlinez.com/RearBrakelines.html

mudbogger
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
dcreel, fastest internet guy on here, my man thanks!
got any thing for the axle? carriers?

jason85atc250r
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Durablue sells replacement steel sprocket flanges for there axles. They come with aluminum ones fro new.

order any year 86-89 trx250r dual row carrier on ebay and itt'll fit for you.

NINJA
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Any stock or aftermarket for 86-89 TRX250R rear end parts will work.

Dirtcrasher
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
That sprocket hub can be turned down and a sleeve pressed onto it for a new seal surface.

mudbogger
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks very much to all for the help.

mudbogger
09-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Stupid question, when ordering a chain and sprockets,do the chains come long enough for a +2 swinger-most do not specify the length or links on the chains-is there a standard length of a chain when purchased?

KASEY
09-12-2010, 09:14 PM
i always order 120 links,, thats enough for a +6 arm,, then cut to length.

mudbogger
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Thank you.

tundrawillie
10-05-2010, 06:53 PM
My eliminator has that name in the center of the axle with an engraved serial number, maybe you can find it on yours?

mudbogger
12-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Took the ride out a couple weeks back, the top end was flat, pulled nicely through the gears but was very flat on the top end, so I took the carb off for a rebuild.Slide was gouged badly,so badly I do not think I'll ever get it to run correctly ever, so I ordered a new 34 PJ carb for the 250r.I installed some older used plastics, and checked into the rear bearings and rear pads for the brakes.They needed to be grinded down as they were tight when fitted on the disc and they actually started to smike on the last ride! The motor sounds and runs great, chain loosened on me 3 times but I solved the issue by tightening the rear swinger bolts for the carrier.Overall the project has come out very nicely.Oh-I ordered a new pipe for the ride too as the 1 currently on it is badly dented, and the connection by the flange is worn,cracked by the silencer.I will sell the exhaust when the new 1 comes in to anybody here for cheap.I want to order a +2 swinger skid for it, any ideas on manufacturer's that still make them these days?
Also installed my freshy fresh new seat from the Mosh's on the ride, make the plastics look new!

Dirtcrasher
12-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I think it's OMF that will make you an extended one.

mudbogger
12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
the rim people? OMF HMMM thanks.