PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Good Setup

skypilot
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey trikers, I have an '85 Honda BR 250es. Stock wheels are gettin rusty on the inside, can't get a bead to seat good. Tried wire brushin, etc, etc, decided I'm ready to step up to modern day wheel size. I'm thinkin 12's from a newer honda. I can get some at the local Honda shop- factory take-off's for $75 each. What do ya'll think? Need input on setup for this trike, Mud Machine and trail rider! Show pics of your conversions to newer style wheels! Help! What will work and look decent for this utility trike? Lift is in the works, so rubbin shouldn't be a prob! Thanks to alllll!!

Thorpe
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
12' (foot) wheels???? 12" is nice, because it opens up alot of larger tire choices... I have some 9" alum alloys on my 85 ES, and wish I had larger diameter for a better tire selection...

skypilot
09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry 12 inch wheels is what i meant to say! Help! Anybody pulled any off a atv and had success? Saw so pics once of foreman wheels all way around, i know i will have to use spacers on front probably, that's ok! Like the aluminum look, but like the ruggedness of steel! Thanks!

swampthang
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I swapped my Foreman wheels and tires (stock) on the back of my 250es and they fit great. The good, you can go through any amount of mud and stay clean because of the rim backspacing and tires width 10". Also hundreds of tire combinations. The bad, less floatation, you will notice it if you ride on soft sand and mud. Also there is a slight loss in stability because of the backspacing and tire width.Although wheel spacers would remedy this problem.

willrideanythin
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
75 bucks id too much in my area for take offs. I can get take offs for 25 each. Check you local classifieds to save a bucks. You can get tires and wheels (4) for 100 ish. Atleast you can around here. I bet you can get aftermarket wheels for that price.

skypilot
09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Sounds good guys, anyone have any pics of their wheel swaps? Will take info to heart(sigh) and hope for the best, look'n the classified section.

3wheelsinPA
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
You could also use something like this in the short term: http://www.amazon.com/Xtra-XTRA-Seal-Bead-Sealer/dp/B000GKD722
Helped seal up one of my BR wheels, Pep Boys or any other auto parts should have it.

skypilot
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, good advice from good folks's! Keep on trikin!