PDA

View Full Version : carb rebuilt kit off of ebay

honda82200
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
so i need to rebuild my carb on my atc200. do anyone of yall have problems wiht the rebuild kit off of ebay or a new carb off of ebay..the honda dealer wants to charge me 20 for a kit that just comes with the o-ring only no needle,no main jet or idle screw what yall think i should do?

bobotech
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I got like 6 rebuild kits off of ebay in the last few months and they all have been perfectly fine.

honda82200
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
thank you..the only problem the kits are like 25.00 ship and a new carb is like 33 with free shipping

ktmbk
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I did not have any luck with the ebay carbs, but many others here have, buyer beware as far as I'm concerned. As for rebuild kits - If you go for one, go for a good one from a good seller, make sure they will stand behind it. If you get one from a good source you should be ok. otherwise get stock parts for the rebuild, there more but there right. Either way print out a parts diagram from a honda and follow it. I have found the ones that come with the kits and manual's are not always correct.

cooter69
09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
If the seller is reputable and it's only 8 dollars more, I wouldn't even think about the rebuild kit. I have no experience with either though. Let us know, because I may need a rebuild kit on mine and if you buy the new carb and it works out for you, I'd do that.

hillbilly 200x
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I rebuild my 83 carb with a ket from royaldistributing and it wouldn't work after that. If you get a carb off ebay take it apart make sure everthing is clean and no little pices of steal are in the ports and so one. They work great I have about 40hours on the new carb and it is awesome compared to the stock one, if you don't get the brass sleave back in %100 for the needle to move throught it want work and right and hold the needle up or ware out the needle really fast. hop this helps

Xhumeka
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Bought a Shindy rebuild kit from eBay and my 250sx has started like a dream, purred like a kitten, and roared like a lion ever since!