PDA

View Full Version : Going to try and make it work

John-Boy
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Well the other day i got a pair of Kawasaki KLT 110 for free, One is complete besides a missing fuel line, shifter and a striped out shifter shaft. but after replacing the line it fired right up although smoking a little, the guy said it had not been started for some time and last time it did run it kept shuting down after getting hot (CDI maybe ?)

The other is without a motor or rear fenders so this is where my mind it turning i have a YTM 200 with a busted frame and am thinking of shoehorning the good engine in that frame, may have to cut and weld some pieces and make some motor mounts

But shouldn't be nothing that me a big hammer and a 12 pack can't fix :lol:

0GravityMX
09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
dont try it. the KLT110 is a pretty rare trike compared to a YTM200.
why not try and find a motor for that other 110? im not 100% positive but ive head somewhere that a blaster motor will bolt in with out modding the frame.

swampthang
09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
If you got the skills to make this swap happen then why no fix your ytm 200 frame.

John-Boy
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
If you got the skills to make this swap happen then why no fix your ytm 200 frame.

Who ever had it before me had cut the fork neck out and welded (very poorly) what looks like a honda neck and front end on it ( I guess trying to raise it up for off roading) and for some reason the internals were takin out of one of the tubes making them worhless

0GravityMX
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
get pics of it