PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Gas Tank Under Air Cover

Just-Tri-It
09-07-2010, 08:03 AM
What's the best way to make a gas tank to go under the air cover of a Tri-z? Seems I saw one for sale once on the board and heard someone else speak of a zinger tank.
Also, those who have had the Wrench report II mod. done, were you able to still use the oem fuel pump? I have heard that it blows the elements inside it. What was the main jet you ended up using after jetting was done?
Thanks

Just Tri It

3wheelmecca
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I think it was a YFZ450 Coolant tank, but I could be wrong. I am planning on just using a test tank for the Z I am rebuilding. Its not nice to find the chrome plating on the main bearings rolling around the crankcase. The bearings were blue.

Tri-Z 250
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm mounting a zinger tank on my MX-Z(suggested by Mosh to me), Raffa I believe has one on his 490 dragger"Beast from the East." It actually drops right between the frame rails pretty good. It however sticks well above the plastic body cover. Modding is required to both mounting and finish/plastic. If your planing to run an open filter w/outerwears this is an option. Derrick's Tri-Z 450 convert used a small under the airbox lid tank...not sure if it was a zinger. He was able to drop it so the plastic cover stays stock looking....Lots of mods were made to the bike for room from the difference in motors. I believe radiators were dropped to accomidate as well??? If you don't mind the bubble look it's a few tabs for mounts and your rippin. I haven't tested but I may switch out petcocks for more flow. I like the naked look of the rear end....nothin but shock and open frame, just looks lighter.

SYKO
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I put a galon/half metal lawnmower tank under the cover on my NINJA-z im going to extend the top to fill through the cover so it looks like any regular top mount tank

Shawn72
09-08-2010, 01:33 AM
What's the best way to make a gas tank to go under the air cover of a Tri-z? Seems I saw one for sale once on the board and heard someone else speak of a zinger tank.
Also, those who have had the Wrench report II mod. done, were you able to still use the oem fuel pump? I have heard that it blows the elements inside it. What was the main jet you ended up using after jetting was done?
Thanks

Just Tri ItI have the Phase II porting mod done to my Z and I haven't had any problems with the fuel pump.