PDA

View Full Version : As promised, pics of my modded 110

SWIGIN
09-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I decided to drag the 110 out of the garage today and wash it. It was sitting in my shed for at least 4 years but maybe closer to 6. It cleaned up ok but I forgot that when I painted my bronco I got over spray all over the 110. :(

Anyway, here are what I remember doing to it back when I built it.

9'' gold front wheel (mid/late 80s Q-sport rear wheel some machining required)
chrome forks with 85/86 R front fender
panted the tank white with PPG car paint
sanded the rear fenders and used PC1 to refinish them
custom fender cut
300ex seat cover
200x axle (good amount of machining required)
200x disc brakes (fairly straight forward)
185 carb
1 200x hub and 1 250x/300ex hub to get the rear wheels spaced right
cobra pipe
K&N filter and custom air inlet tube
Ported head
custom high compression piston (don't ask...lol)
megacycle cam
HD valve springs by R&D
titanium retainers
And IMO a must have on any small bike......1/2 bald 18x9.5x8 turf tamers :lol:

I would buy used turf tamers off my buddys when I needed tires since the 1/2 bald tires are no good for large bikes and they are perfect on little bikes to get them to slide...lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/j58dph.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/120i61y.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/fuc6eo.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/20zpkp0.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2qdmr29.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/selpag.jpg

harryredtrike
09-04-2010, 08:22 PM
thats a nice 110.your overspray should come off,depending how far away it was when you painted the truck.

Mr_RPM
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
pretty cool stuff.

mtsnieg
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
That looks like some wicked good fun ridin. Nice job.

trizilla
09-05-2010, 07:36 AM
i love the way this thing looks. i have one sitting i hope to do up for the lady. care to explain what kinda work gets done to fit the 200x axle? what did you do about the difference in chain sizes from the 110 front to the 200x rear?

SWIGIN
09-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks guys

I always wanted a 110 back in the 80s but back around 1982 dad bought a 1981 185s and he told me he's not buying a smaller trike...lol

When my daughter turned 6 I seen a 1978 90 for sale near me and I rebuilt it for her but It was a pain to ride with here on my built up 350x hybrid. So after like 2 years I found the mother load of 110 parts ( enough for 3-4 complete trikes) so I built her a sweet stock 110 and I built myself this one to be able to ride with her. Well she is 19 now and dont like to ride and the other little bikes are long gone and this one just sits.

Now that it's cleaned up I am thinking about selling it since it just sits around taking up room....I don't know.

SWIGIN
09-05-2010, 07:48 AM
i love the way this thing looks. i have one sitting i hope to do up for the lady. care to explain what kinda work gets done to fit the 200x axle? what did you do about the difference in chain sizes from the 110 front to the 200x rear?

The chain size was the easy part. I just bought an after market sprocket from Dennis kirk which has a mostly solid center to it. I machined the sprocket center hole to fit on the 200x sprocket hub and that let me use the stock size chain. To get that sprocket to line up right I had to thin down the 200x sprocket hub on a lathe. Then the one rear tire stuck out farther then the other so thats why I run the offset hub on one side. I also used tapper bearings inside the stock carrier which took more lathe work.

For those who don't know,tapper bearing (just like the ones used in front hubs on cars) are WAY stronger then ball bearings and have next to no rolling resistance. You no longer use the bearing pipe spacer thing that is normally between the stock bearings. And you just basically hand tighten your first axle nut, then tighten the 2nd nut to the first to hold it in place. Nothing rolls as nice as properly setup tapper bearings.

Edit...... on second thought I might of only opened up the center hole of the rear sprocket slightly. I think I machined the 200x sprocket hub to have a step or a ledge for the 110 sprocket to fit over....I cant remeber and I'd have to tear it down to be sure of what I really did.

Dirtcrasher
09-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Just like trucks use to have, like your Bronco; Superior bearings!

Nice 110 bud!!

BIGREDGUY
09-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Sweet little ride!

mike1979
09-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I used a product called "Oops" got it at the hardware store, just rubs it with a towel and the paint will come right off, wont harm the plastics either. I actually had to remove paint from spray painted fenders so a little overspray should be no big deal

SWIGIN
09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
I used a product called "Oops" got it at the hardware store, just rubs it with a towel and the paint will come right off, wont harm the plastics either. I actually had to remove paint from spray painted fenders so a little overspray should be no big deal

thanks but, I wonder what it will do to the PC1 on the rear fenders.

The front frnders got it the worst and they are painted so I'm kinda limited as what I can do. I'm not to worried about it, it has been like that for atleast 5 years.

blue27
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
its about time you get that out and cleaned

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I got to tell you guys, i just rode the 110 in the yard for 20 min and it is a freaking ball to ride!

My shoulder is feeling OK so i figured I'd try to start it and ride it back to the shed instead of pushing it. Keep in mind it sat for years and only ran 1 time this year for a few minuets. I pulled it 2 times and it was running! It did smoke pretty good till the motor warmed up but it did seem to stop once it got up to temp.

Then my daughter jumped on it and rode it around smiling and laughing as she went. She begged me not to banish it to the shed and to keep it in the garage but I need the room and HATE scraping ice off my broncos windshield. She even broke out her phone and took a short video of me riding it (without me knowing she did it) but I had no helmet on so I can post it here.

I guess I kinda hijacked my own thread but it did bring back some old fun memory's. I just wanted to let you guys know it REALLY runs great in this cold December air (might be jetted to rich for the summer) and it hauled my nearly 300 pound butt around like I was on a much larger trike. The front end WILL and does come off the ground in a hurry every time you speed shift it...lol

With all that said, it is still for sale but I wont be upset if no one wants it. :twisted:

I just posted this in the classified thread in my for sale add. I just wanted to post this up since I noticed a few threads asking about modding newer 110s.

willrideanythin
12-18-2010, 03:40 PM
IMO you need a front # plate. Looks nice.

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Funny thing is, I have one for it but I never bothered to put it on.

Here's a pic of it from YEARS ago.
http://i51.tinypic.com/j0jsiu.jpg

RIDE-RED 250r
12-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Thats the coolest 110 ive ever seen! You know, you are giving me ideas for my sons 110.....My old lady is going to be POed at you! lol!

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks

It is for sale....hint, hint...lol

Brian Lilb Keen
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
how do u make the rear end like that???

blue27
12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
how do u make the rear end like that???
200x axle (good amount of machining required)
200x disc brakes (fairly straight forward)
1 200x hub and 1 250x/300ex hub to get the rear wheels spaced right

200XMichigan
12-24-2010, 05:33 PM
I'd keep that even if it does get banished to the shed. It looks like a family heirloom to me. It's a Honda, years from now you could bust it out for your kids kids and they would just be blown away.

racer....X
12-24-2010, 07:18 PM
that is a sweet 110...my son loves it also!

SWIGIN
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys

I wish my shoulder was in better shape.....and the rest of me too....lol

I need to talk to someone about seeing if the old kicker and manual clutch parts the 90s use will work on a newer 110 motor. I for some reason I'm thinking that my 1985 cases had a different bolt pattern then my 90 motors.

Anyone know for sure?