PDA

View Full Version : tri-z 250 problems

southtexas250r
09-02-2010, 11:03 AM
i have a 1985 triz 250 with some mods not exactly sure what all with the motor but has exhaust and what not.. anyways the trike will run sometimes and not other and most of the time when it runs it will bog out on anything past idle.. on ocasion it will hall major ass but surges when toped out in 5th. it almost seems like the fuel pump cant keep up with the demand of the carb.. since it will die out while running but will krank right back up... have cleaned carb changed plug checked reeds idk what else to do ita a great bike... just need to get it going and ideas or help would be greatly appreciated... thnxs

zmpolaristech
09-02-2010, 02:45 PM
If it hasn't already been done, rebuild the fuel pump. Very common problem. fuel pump rebuild kit- part #MK52 from parts unlimited. order 2...they're cheap insurance. Get that done and see what happens then. could be an air leak, jetting, carb, etc.... any build-up of oil around the base gasket or reed gasket? That's a sure sign of an air leak. let us know what you find out.

tecat-z
09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
If it hasn't already been done, rebuild the fuel pump. Very common problem. fuel pump rebuild kit- part #MK52 from parts unlimited. order 2...they're cheap insurance. Get that done and see what happens then. could be an air leak, jetting, carb, etc.... any build-up of oil around the base gasket or reed gasket? That's a sure sign of an air leak. let us know what you find out.

Yes to the above, and check your float level too. If...... you suspect it it running out of fuel, incorrect float height will cause high speed bog due to lack of fuel. Then re-fire quickly due to engine still pulling vacuum and refilling bowl on decel.

ovhonda1
09-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I second that. Rebuild the fuel pump-mine did the same thing.

southtexas250r
09-13-2010, 09:49 PM
thanx guys just brangit home from the barn today hacd to finish up some other projects gona try the fuel pump rebuild first will let yall know what happens... this sucker is sweet when runnin right cant wait to get it going again,,,,

southtexas250r
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
i ordered the rebuild kit turns out the part number is to a snow mobile fuel pump right... which im sure is the same thing as the tri-z fuel pump.. anyways its on order soon as i get it in gona clean the carb rebuild the pump and mix some new fuel and see how she runs then

southtexas250r
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
welp the fuel is pumping now but the tri-z runs horrible has no power and dies out after about 30ft of driving... idk what now????