PDA

View Full Version : 250r waterpump seal

3wheelrider
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone. Can someone please tell me where i can or should get the mechanical seal for the waterpump? bikebandit, service honda, or parts fish? Are they still available? Do i need anything else to stop the water seeping into the tranny? thanks

ceaserthethird
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Any of those site will have them.

Red Rider
09-02-2010, 02:57 AM
You might look into this waterpump seal as well. It's a mechanical seal for a Yamaha (don't remember which one), and it's identical to the Honda mechanical seal, yet much less expensive. Part #11H-12438-10.

I used this seal many years ago & haven't had a problem with it yet.

3wheelrider
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks- guys.... Well i checked the yamaha part # and the price was pretty much the same. Maybe it went up? So its about $30 (service honda). At least its still available. Gonna check the local dealer though and see if there is a difference in price- they might have it stock too hopefully. Thanks again.

ceaserthethird
09-03-2010, 04:47 AM
take some pictures as u install it .

3wheelrider
09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
take some pictures as u install it .

Sorry,- But I have yet to upload anything on here-not even my avatar!. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers -I just know how to browse & surf basically. Also, I havent done changing of this seal ever so i'm just gonna figure it out as I go. So I dont think I'd be the best candidate to explain the procedure.

Dirtcrasher
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Do you need the whole deal or just the water or oil seal; Or the mechanical seal? I'd go to service Honda and make sure the impeller shaft is worn where the seal rides........

EDIT - MANY people F-UP installing these, they aren't hard but aren't axle seals; It's a whole pack. Ronnie made DEEPA a tool for installing them that I have, I'm sure a socket can be used.

3wheelrider
09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Do you need the whole deal or just the water or oil seal; Or the mechanical seal? I'd go to service Honda and make sure the impeller shaft is worn where the seal rides........

EDIT - MANY people F-UP installing these, they aren't hard but aren't axle seals; It's a whole pack. Ronnie made DEEPA a tool for installing them that I have, I'm sure a socket can be used.

Well-I'm gonna have to investigate. I havent takin nothing apart yet....Its not seeping out the weep hole so i wouldnt think i need #4 or #5 right now.... I would need #2 (3parts) if i have water seeping into the tranny oil right?. How would i know if i need the oil seal (13)? Might as well get that too i guess. I didnt know about that one. Gonna have to check condition of the shaft.