PDA

View Full Version : 86 350x, 250r and 200x swingarm differences?

Cuztom Racing
08-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I mainly need to know the difference between a 86 350x and 86 250r swingarm. Will they interchange, are the pivot bearings the same? Im having a atv drag chassis builder build a plus 5 swinger for a 350x and noone makes aftermarket front swingarm pivots for a 350x. However JJandA does make them for the ATC/TRX 250R and im wondering if we can make those work..

Dirtcrasher
08-30-2010, 01:26 PM
So your not concerned about a linkage suspension I take it being a drag trike.......

Maybe a 450R swinger modded would be more up your alley and you can always lengthen your OEM swinger if need be.

RacerRichie
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
maybe a 450r swinger modded would be more up your alley and you can always lengthen your oem swinger if need be.

agreed!!!!!!

Mosh
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I mainly need to know the difference between a 86 350x and 86 250r swingarm. Will they interchange, are the pivot bearings the same? Im having a atv drag chassis builder build a plus 5 swinger for a 350x and noone makes aftermarket front swingarm pivots for a 350x. However JJandA does make them for the ATC/TRX 250R and im wondering if we can make those work..

The arms are very different.So trying to fit a R swinger in a X chassis is futile.
If you are using the 350X chassis, modify the 350X swinger to the length you need.

Parts schematics show the pivot bearings are the same between the 85-86 350X and 85-86 swinger.Smae part numbers for the pivot bearings ONLY..All other hardware is machine specific.
So you can use the pivot bearings or aftermarket 250R pivot bushings in a 350X swinger.
But you will have to use all the 350x swinger hardware in a 350X swingarm..

You want to run plastic pivot bushings like the TRX R's have available?

Cuztom Racing
08-31-2010, 08:15 AM
So your not concerned about a linkage suspension I take it being a drag trike.......

Maybe a 450R swinger modded would be more up your alley and you can always lengthen your OEM swinger if need be.

No its not going to be a drag only bike by no means. Im building it from the ground up but i dont want to go back 100% OEM on everything. I want to build a 350x as if it where built today by honda. Probably around a 400cc motor, FCR carb, and about a plus 5-6 swinger to help keep it down and for overall ridability. Other than the swinger, drag axle carb and pipe, everything else will be 100% OEM down to the nut and bolts. The few times i bring it out to "putt" around on, i want to "wow" people rather than get on a track and rag a 25yr old bike out that in todays time will barely keep up with a stock 450.. I have other machines in the shop for the smack talking! Lol!

Cuztom Racing
08-31-2010, 08:19 AM
The arms are very different.So trying to fit a R swinger in a X chassis is futile.
If you are using the 350X chassis, modify the 350X swinger to the length you need.

Parts schematics show the pivot bearings are the same between the 85-86 350X and 85-86 swinger.Smae part numbers for the pivot bearings ONLY..All other hardware is machine specific.
So you can use the pivot bearings or aftermarket 250R pivot bushings in a 350X swinger.
But you will have to use all the 350x swinger hardware in a 350X swingarm..

You want to run plastic pivot bushings like the TRX R's have available?

Thanks for the info thats what i needed to know. I do not want to run a stock extended swinger, they look like crap. I want a all chromoly, sleek, round tube or ladder style swinger. I just needed to know if the 250r would work so we could just buy the swingarm pivots from jjanda but its no big deal we can machine our own pivots or make a set from a 450r work.

devilman
08-31-2010, 09:02 AM
No its not going to be a drag only bike by no means. Im building it from the ground up but i dont want to go back 100% OEM on everything. I want to build a 350x as if it where built today by honda. Probably around a 400cc motor, FCR carb, and about a plus 5-6 swinger to help keep it down and for overall ridability. Other than the swinger, drag axle carb and pipe, everything else will be 100% OEM down to the nut and bolts. The few times i bring it out to "putt" around on, i want to "wow" people rather than get on a track and rag a 25yr old bike out that in todays time will barely keep up with a stock 450.. I have other machines in the shop for the smack talking! Lol!

no matter what you do to a trike you will always get that "WOW" you want, wheather its "Wow, look at that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro on a three wheeler" or "WOW, what memories that thing brings back."

why don't you drop a modded 450r motor in?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?64119-Honda-450rx

Cuztom Racing
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
no matter what you do to a trike you will always get that "WOW" you want, wheather its "Wow, look at that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro on a three wheeler" or "WOW, what memories that thing brings back."

why don't you drop a modded 450r motor in?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?64119-Honda-450rx

Your dang sure right on the memories! I can get on my 200x and im 12yrs old again riding with my buddies or riding over to my girlfriends house! Man those were the good ole days!

I want to keep the factory 350x engine. Ive always wanted to go all out on one to see what kinda power i can get. I got a buddy with a TC built 500cc, (350x with 350x motor) and its wicked fast for a ole 3 wheeler!