PDA

View Full Version : 86 tecate frame

Willy_s01
08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
hey all im new to this site. What i want to know is, I have a 86 Tecate frame in good conditon. how much are frames worth? and is it worth it to collect parts and build it up. or will that project never be completed. It would be nice for me to find a complete one but cant fin one anywere.

scottyms
08-29-2010, 06:29 PM
if its a good frame with a title its worth a couple bucks, if its cracked or beat up and no title its not worth much....

to build a T3 from parts would be an expensive project and take some time but could be done. the parts are out there you just have to look...

scotty

cr480r
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
is it worth it to collect parts and build it up. or will that project never be completed. It would be nice for me to find a complete one but cant fin one anywere.

unless you want to build a customized or modified trike with modern/upgraded components then i wouldn't bother.. You would have a fortune invested in building a tecate frame up.. Just the shipping costs alone would be huge after it was said and done, not to mention parts for these models are inflated in price... If you seriously must have a Tecate your best bet is to find a complete machine somewhere and pay to have it shipped to you..

0GravityMX
08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
scottyms some machines did not ever get titled...ive never seen a title make a diffrence

dcreel
08-29-2010, 10:27 PM
scottyms some machines did not ever get titled...ive never seen a title make a diffrence

A titled vs non titled frame will make a lot of difference in states where they have to be titled to ride on public property (CA, AZ). On Ebay a 86-87 Tecate titled frame will sell for quite a bit more than a non titled frame. If it's titled you don't have to worry about it being stolen, or go through the hassle of getting it titled.

0GravityMX
08-29-2010, 10:54 PM
oh hmm glad im not in cali haha.