PDA

View Full Version : Rack Em Up!

Pinscher62
08-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi Everybody,
My name is Mike and I am a brand new owner of my first ATC. It took me 48 years to finally get one. I found a 1986 Honda 250SX in beautiful stock condition for $900 with title. It still has the original tires on it. :D
I havent had it 24 hours and already love it. I do have a question about racks that I am sure someone can answer for me though. It has no racks on it yet, just a rear grab bar. I was wondering if one of the large rear racks off of a big red would work on it or not. If so, what years would work on an 86? Or am I just able to use a six pack rack on it?
I would like to be able to haul some supplys on it for over night camp outs. What are my best options for racks and where is the best source to get them?
Thank you in advance for your responses. Nice to be here.

1grindking
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
welcome & nice score on the trike thats a fare price in my neck of the woods & a very reliable mech. as far as the racks go ya might have your best luck on craigslist or ebay? im not sure what racks will bolt on to that mech. but im sure it wouldnt take much to adapt any kind of rack on there to suit your needs & stoll make it look good maybe you could make it ez to take on & off so when ya dont want that big clunky piece of metal back there you could just pull a couple of pins & slide it off? good luck or try the parts section

rassagmc
08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
wow i have the same problem you do! ha i see other sx's with racks but have no clue where to find them. the only other option i could think of is, since it has a hitch, get a little trailer like for a lawn tractor and use that to haul stuff around????? plus ive heard youre going to have to drill holes in those beautiful oem plastics to put a rack on, and im not sure i could do that to mine. ha

MonroeMike
08-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Welcome and congrats on your first three wheeler.