PDA

View Full Version : 1985 200x fixed up abit but still got problems...

TrikemanATC200x
08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
so recently i figured my axle was bent, so i brought it to the machine shop near me, i had to take it back again but it was worth it the axle is just about as close to perfect you can get. but now im having carb problems again.

so this is whats happening takes forever to start, but once its started it idles fine, but when you rev it fast it bogs and dies but if you if apply the throttle slowly its fine, but when its been running and the engine is warm you can rev it and it wont bog at all, i got the whole stock jet assemble in a top of a knock off carb with the stock bowl on it, the fuel and air mixture is at stock settings ( 1 3/4 from a fully closed position), so im wondering if im doing something wrong? or do i got the wrong setting.
Any help is welcome i need some ideas.
thanks guys
cory.

haggard 2hundie
08-26-2010, 04:27 PM
i know you can damage the fuel air screw if its over tightend should be just a light seat then turn it out not sure if thats your prob though , is everything else stock ?

TrikemanATC200x
08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
yes im aware of that and yes everything else is stock except the carb

harryredtrike
08-27-2010, 01:17 AM
thats hard to say off the bat.do you have good compression?good spark?if so id say you have a pilot jet issue.shouldnt be that hard to start(obviously)

TrikemanATC200x
08-27-2010, 11:25 PM
yeah i got both of that and i tinkered with the piolet jet and i put it at 2 3/4 turns from a closed position and its seems to be running better.