PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 help

mrphil
08-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Have been trying to sell my ATC 70, but have had no luck, see the photos attached,
Basically bought it how it is, over 18 months ago, no body wants it so im going to fix it up and get it running for my kids.

But i have a few questions!
The rear is quite wobbly? is this normal or should there be no play?
Bearings i can get for pennys, do they have to be pressed in? or is this simple tap old out and place new inn?

Can i update the handlebars or put new mx levers on? would this be ample?

Too look at the photos it looks very simple, it has a pitbike engine in which needs replacing, no way i can afford a atc 70 engine, so i will get a 110 semi automatic engine, as turning and clutching sounds like a nightmare on such a small trike.

Also how easy is it to replace the handbrake shoes, and how do i re-set this up? also is there front brakes on these trikes?

I am a complete newbie to playing with trikes, so this can be my autum project, hammer rite the frame black and forks red, new pitbike plastics, as i cant afford new ATC plastics, new or second hand tyres, something thats a bit better than whats currently on.

tips and suggestions welcome!
Also is there a ATC70 manual with part numbers etc!

Thanks all!
UK PHIL

PS. not sure what year it is?

krazykane
08-23-2010, 08:15 AM
well if you search of 70 s there are alot of the little guys for ideas iam in process of doing two not going as fast i would like them to but they will be up and running soon i hope . no to the front brakes unless you weld one up you will see how a couple have done that .yeah you can up date bars i put pit bike ones on one of mine .so the levers should be alright too.and my rears dont wobbly and pit bike motor do fit with alittle work good luck

mrphil
08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
thanks, does anyone know where i can get part numbers?
I found a site before where i could get the bearings for £0.79pence (GBP) each

thestud25
08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
bikebandit.com has part numbers.

MonroeMike
08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Put the VIN in here, for the year.

http://atcvin.webs.com/