PDA

View Full Version : What's with people?

coolpool
08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
My boy took the US90 to a "Show'N'Shine" today. He calls me and tells me (I'm stuck at work) everyone who comes over feels they need to kick the tires! What to see if they are real! WTF! I had built four stands to string rope around it but decided to not put it up; thought I was being a bit too paranoid. Should have went with my gut feeling:crazy:

Grizzlypeg
08-22-2010, 03:29 PM
There are a lot of stupid people out there. I've built an off road vehicle, and people think its ok to kick bumpers or even try to scratch them with a key. No idea what gets into people's heads.

Mr_RPM
08-22-2010, 05:30 PM
my dream is to one day kick a us 90s front tire. =P haha people are funny/weird

harryredtrike
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
yea should have went wtih the rope idea.now you know

leviblue
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
went to a bike show yesterday and it amazed me how many people thought it was a showroom floor. guys who walked away from their bikes returned to find them with hand prints and a few had kids on them. I've had my bike on a trailer and came out of a store to find people sitting and trying to kick it over. At a Wal-Mart eariler this summer I came out to find two kids, one sitting and one standing on my R with the mother taking a picture. They cracked my fender and when I said "What the Hell are you doing?" I was screamed at and told they could do what ever they wanted to. ???? when I pointed out that her little fat basterd cracked the fender I was told I should of kept it at home. In this day and age people think they can do whatever they want and it's up to you to fix the problem. NO RESPECT but they want respect and take no responsibilty for their actions. It was my fault for going to Wal-Mart I guess.

Mr_RPM
08-22-2010, 06:21 PM
oh the things that go on at wal-mart will never surprise me

MudBug
08-22-2010, 08:16 PM
electric fence ftw !

whyzee
08-22-2010, 08:22 PM
ha ha wal mart

yj350
08-23-2010, 08:19 AM
oh the things that go on at wal-mart will never surprise me
X2 on that. That place is great for people watching. Here are some pics I found on the web.

HuffieVA
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
People today seem to have a general lack of respect for anything that isn't theirs, and its only getting worse... Especially when it comes to off road type stuff like vintage dirt bikes and wheelers, I suppose they figure they are toys (or were designed to be) so any thought of respect just bounces off that mental block in their heads...

swampthang
08-23-2010, 09:56 AM
I was at the local walmart last week and as i was leaving i noticed in the employee parking a sweet 86 350x in the bed of a ghetto s-10. So i got out a pen and paper and wrote down my name and number and stuck it on the windshield. I almost went inside to make an announcement on the PA will the owner of the sweet 350x please come to the front desk!! lol! So good things still at the walmart. No but people are getting worse and some need an attitude adjustment.

coolpool
08-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Results from the Show. The boy spent 5 hours keeping folks from touching, kicking tires and even trying to sit on the old trike. Some people thought it was a water toy! The judges seen fit to award him a prize for having such a rare vehicle at the show. He had only one old gentleman that had seen one way back when he was trapping.

Mosh
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I totally understand how you feel.
I wonder if any of those tire kickers know how much prestine US 90 tires are worth?

2 years ago we took 2 of our machines up to Steel City for the vintage AMA Cycle show.

My Drag Z had all NEW black plastic on it..
When it came back, everyone in there brother was sitting on it, had tennis shoe scuffs all over the fenders..They still wont come out.
It took 3rd place, but I wonder if it would have placed better had there not been scuffs on the plastic and thumb prints all over the billet stuff.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/Jimmy%20White/display2800.jpg
Some of the culprits?Can see one of the chumps back in the back leaving his greasy fingers all over the polished grab bar....:rolleyes:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/Jimmy%20White/Mark31800.jpg

It is the last time it will ever go to a show.

Years back, the wife had a 64 Impala SS and I had a decent Monte carlo at a car show.
We went to get a pepsi and came back to the site, and two older guys are leaning on the quarter panels of both of our cars, AT A CLASSIC CAR SHOW, carrying on a converstaion.
Honestly...98 Cavaliers are for leaning on...Not 64 Impala's...IDIOTS!

I saw that and came absolutely unglued on them..:mad: Honestly, it took every ounce of reserve I had in my body to not beat them to death with a fold up chair!

D-dub
08-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Ignorant A-holes who dont understand the effort that is put into these kinda things. Never leave your machine/car unattended

Xpress
08-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Put a sign out front. A BIG one, where they CANNOT miss it. Put on it "If you kick my trike, I will shove my foot up your @$$."

And then proceed to do it to the first idiot who ignores you. I would if someone tried to put their hands on my pristine machines.

Other threats work as well, like...

(nsfw, or kids)

The image in this link (http://www.tko-decalz.com/images/uploads/d604_12.JPG) can work pretty well.

Leadfoot71
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Make your own warning lables here. http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/ .

Mr_RPM
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
once I went to wal-mart late at night and next door was dollar beer night at bennigans. i guess a fight broke out and the cops made everyone leave. so the drunk people seeked refuge at wal-mart.
I was in the parking lot and a male and female both with boxers and white t shirts with no shoes threatened to beat me and my friends arses (there was like 8 of us luckly) so we called the cops and they came by and took them away. ohh wal-mart

88 Turbo Coupe
08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
People with NO RESPECT are the ones with NO TALENT.

Xpress
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img821/2493/warningw.jpg

Oh yeah :cool:

Yordo02206
08-23-2010, 03:08 PM
hey can some one please tell me how to post a new thread..i cant figure it out

Shorty
08-23-2010, 03:19 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img821/2493/warningw.jpg

Oh yeah :cool:

Hahaha. I'm printing that out on some sticker sheeting right now.

Xpress
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
hey can some one please tell me how to post a new thread..i cant figure it out

Big blue button to the left of the threads page. Says "+Post New Thread"

coolpool
08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Love the resposes guys! The stickers are awesome!

Xpress
08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Even better:

http://a.imageshack.us/img841/9220/dangerv.jpg

cr480r
08-23-2010, 06:10 PM
People should always respect the property of others.. but sometimes people are just plain anal about their machines.. A "show" trike? are you kidding? Its a used japanese offroad vehicle.. ride it..

atcrider1
08-23-2010, 06:19 PM
got any pics of the 90?

seadoo650
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
People should always respect the property of others.. but sometimes people are just plain anal about their machines.. A "show" trike? are you kidding? Its a used japanese offroad vehicle.. ride it..

yea................................but it's MY used japanese offroad vehicle.

cr480r
08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
yea................................but it's MY used japanese offroad vehicle.

And people should stay off it unless invited... especially at walmart... even on my junk I get a lil protective sometimes after having several carb slides broken from people dry firing my throttle... But at the end of the day luckily its just a mid-eighties japanese atv... and not a 1920 indian motorcycle or something rare

brapp
08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
well i have a similar story abotu my frst lt500 and walmart make a long story short i scared the kid he sliped and put his knee trough the back fender and then i freaked got into a fight with his dad and had all new plasticsw bought for it since it was straped down to MY trailer witch is my property he was trespassing and i droped charges if he payed for the damages so i got all new oem pleastics for a little leverage.

seadoo650
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
And people should stay off it unless invited... especially at walmart... even on my junk I get a lil protective sometimes after having several carb slides broken from people dry firing my throttle... But at the end of the day luckily its just a mid-eighties japanese atv... and not a 1920 indian motorcycle or something rare

Not rare?????? I think since the manufacturers have discontinued most of the OEM plastics for our trikes that it makes them pretty rare. You can't just go to the dealer and buy those anymore. And if you do find a set of say decent OEM plastics how much you figure those go for?? Then factor in some of us who have very much sought after parts on our trikes that are not replaceable. Not trying to argue or anything but I for one think they are rare and getting more rare every year. Think about it for a second. Back in 1920 the Indian motorcyle was not rare at all. I doubt they were that rare in 1950 but the further from the production date they got and once the discontinued from production the became desired by collectors. And in the end, that's what most of us are. Collectors of a rare piece of history. If it was just about riding, hell, I can get a china crap quad for nothing to ride.

leviblue
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM

Yeh I see what you mean, Why fight on ebay for those OEM plastics that cost $1000 or more. To heck with spending over 5 grand on the motor or even that OEM seat cover. I mean hey it's just an old trike from the mid 80's that I've spent thousands on. Why even strap it and lock it down to the trailer. I'll just leave the kill switch cord in incase they wanna take it for a ride. I'd think you'd feel alot diffrent if it was yours. And it's happened to me more than at Wal-Mart. Try comming back from Summit in Jan at a reststop on I-78 or 7-11 while I was getting goodies to have while riding that day. It's peoples attitudes now a days that they have the right to do anything they please then" keeping it real" when confronted. If that was my 90 at a show and that happened two things would of happened...one the guy would be going to the hosptial...two I'd be going to jail..

Thorpe
08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
People in the masses, are frankly, retarded....

cr480r
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
i understand the collectability and the rareness of certain machines and their parts...Not my thing, I myself collect toys and parts to play with them.. if they get scratched, broken, or wore out it was worth it cuz i had fun.. So i have a hard time understanding the attraction to restorations or show machines..especialy when its an atv... But i can honestly say if I had something so rare, diffucult, impossible, or expensive to replace that nobody else could touch it.. Then it wouldnt be sitting on an open trailer at walmart parking lot, or unattended at a car show.. Those disrespectful people shouldnt touch them at all.. I would never.. but reality is that they do... To people outside the trike community it is just an old trike... nobody is gonna give it the respect of a $100k Corvette, or fully restored ferrari... With so many inconsiderate people in this world dont expect them to.. prepare for them

leviblue
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
i understand the collectability and the rareness of certain machines and their parts...Not my thing, I myself collect toys and parts to play with them.. if they get scratched, broken, or wore out it was worth it cuz i had fun.. So i have a hard time understanding the attraction to restorations or show machines..especialy when its an atv... But i can honestly say if I had something so rare, diffucult, impossible, or expensive to replace that nobody else could touch it.. Then it wouldnt be sitting on an open trailer at walmart parking lot, or unattended at a car show.. Those disrespectful people shouldnt touch them at all.. I would never.. but reality is that they do... To people outside the trike community it is just an old trike... nobody is gonna give it the respect of a $100k Corvette, or fully restored ferrari... With so many inconsiderate people in this world dont expect them to.. prepare for them

I play and play hard with my toys...as I said I was comming back from Summit , as in the winter indoor racing series!!! It's mine to muck-up...it kinda sounds like you'd be one of those too

willrideanythin
08-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Just kick their shins, Return fire.