PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z clutch problems?

fullthrottle
08-17-2010, 05:52 AM
i need help my tri z will power through first & sec. but third,fourth gear seem like there governed or slipping. fifth gear isnt there at all it just spins when you hit the gas. then catches when you let off. i put new basket,springs & discs in but wasn't the problem please help if you have any idea what is wrong.:wondering

tecat-z
08-17-2010, 07:34 AM
The clutch has to be adjusted properly for it to work. There is an adjuster screw on the outside of the pressure plate for this, and should be set after every 'new' clutch, or even after extended periods to compensate for wear. Adjustment is crutial for proper clutch action.

Bryan Raffa
08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
put your adjustment on your lever 1/4 out and then adjust the screw in the center of the clutch basket , Screw it in till it touches the ball inside..or watch the clutch arm..just when it starts moveing ,, back it out a 1/4 turn. tightin the lock nut wile still holding the center stud..

fullthrottle
08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
thanks for the info. i'll see if that works. even when the clutch cable isn't connected it does same thing. that might not matter. the clutch felt real tight and my cable was out all the way. i ordered a new cable hopfully that helps a little. let me know if you have any other ideas on what it might be or if your positive it's my own fault for not adjusting it correctly. thanks

fullthrottle
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
we'll i adjusted the clutch properly, filed the grooves down on the fingers of the basket and put a new cable on.replaced the pressure plate because it looked like it might have been a little warped. the clutch feels like a brand new machine. but unfortuntly it is still not working right. it shifts fine, runs great. it all looks good internal wise.but there is seriously somthing wrong in there. please reply if you have any other ideas i'm open to suggestions. it's hard to fix somthing when you take it apart and don't see anything wrong.thanks