PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Trikers?

oldtoys72
08-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Well i dont know if this is the best spot or what the scoop is but Im wonder who all is from the land of 10,000 lakes besides me. Im always looking for guys to ride with or swap parts and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like that. so come on and fess up eh, ya you betcha were from Minnesoooooota!

( seriously though, I hate that movie, for the most part we dont sound that way! Allthough i just moved to the northwest part of the state and there are a few old-timers up here that do sound that was and its pretty funny!)

Thorpe
08-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Oh man... Its Minnesota, not Fargo!

Yamaha_Rules69
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I am from Minnesota also. There are not that many people who talk like that in reality, but I have met a few also. One thing I find funny is what we call "hot dish" almost all other people from different states call "caserole". I was in California a few times years ago, and there was a big group of people at a family gathering who heard me say man thats some good tater-tot "hot dish". You should have seen the look on their faces, like I just said somthing from another world! They never heard it, and thought it was really wierd.
I never really make it up to the northern part of the state. I have never been riding up there, but I hear there are woodland trails for hundreds of miles in the right places. It seems most Minnesotans on the boards are from Minneapolis on up to the northern point of the state. There are quite a few MN riders on here, but you dont see a lot of them on too often.

Leadfoot71
08-14-2010, 02:47 PM
South-east Minnesota checking in! My town is so small I never mention the name of it online. I'm about 50 miles from LaCrosse Wisconsin and 35 miles from Iowa.

About language... a few years ago I went to Kentucky to the annual Mercury Marauder get-together and mentioned the word "creek". Everyone I know pronounces it "crick". That got some laughs. Uffda.

(Raise your hand if say "uffda" once in a while!)

Jgrizz
08-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Iron Range MN (North East) here, plenty of trails / mining hills here to play on!

oldtoys72
08-16-2010, 08:39 AM
How about the word "pop"? I lived in florida briefly years ago and when I used the word pop they looked ąt me like I was a alien! Apparently its soda in other parts! Since this is a MN thread, does anyone know what's up with the dude that's suppose to be putting on the race in st.cloud? Can't get him locked into anything, its frustrating cause it would be a blast and its in the middle of the state so most could make it!

Thorpe
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
I have talked with Jason... He is trying to set this up with little to no budget... He is only about 45 minutes away from me, and told him I would be more than willing to do whatever labor I could, but havent heard from him in a month now... I am not holding my breath....

Grizzlypeg
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Manitoba is just across the border from Minnesota and North Dakota. I remember way back being in a liquor store in Minneapolis and asking if they had any mickeys. That's a small bottle of booze, the flat one's like a hip flask. I don't think anyone had heard that word for a pint bottle before. Lots of funny regional words.

BIGREDGUY
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
South of the cities here.

Thorpe
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Manitoba is just across the border from Minnesota and North Dakota. I remember way back being in a liquor store in Minneapolis and asking if they had any mickeys. That's a small bottle of booze, the flat one's like a hip flask. I don't think anyone had heard that word for a pint bottle before. Lots of funny regional words.

Thats funny, because there is a nasty malt liquor called Mickey's, that comes in a grenade size/shape bottle....

200xhrc
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Northern Minnesota here

dusty5337
08-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Northwest of the Cities here!

This year was the 2nd year me and my friends had a 3-wheeler day. We had 10 total this year, mostly 110's and 200's. We took some video when we went to Spider Lake, my wife is making an awsome video of the trip and from what she has shown me so far, we are putting that baby on youtube! Sorry, Yamaha_Rules69 is right, I don't get on here much, stupid me!

Jaketrimoto
08-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I live in Mankato Minnesota. I am on here every day. I would love to get togather for a good three wheeler ride. All my buddies here have 4 wheelers and think Im crazy for riding my big red around the trails. I have not lived here my whole life and I noticed when we moved here that people here said "about" funny. But Im from cali. and they made fun of me for my accent.

deeredoug
11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Rockford Minnesota here. 30 miles west of Mpls. Picked up a 200s needs a little work,brakes and misc. Bring back some memories of my youth. I grew up on the 3 wheelers and missed them.

needa250r
11-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Well i dont know if this is the best spot or what the scoop is but Im wonder who all is from the land of 10,000 lakes besides me. Im always looking for guys to ride with or swap parts and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like that. so come on and fess up eh, ya you betcha were from Minnesoooooota!

( seriously though, I hate that movie, for the most part we dont sound that way! Allthough i just moved to the northwest part of the state and there are a few old-timers up here that do sound that was and its pretty funny!)

i know this has nothin to do with your posting. i have a 200x that i'm trying to time an dont have a book. lined up the timing marks it has spark and gas just doesn't start. what am i doing wrong do you know can you help

200XMichigan
11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Um dude, go to the world class help section download the manual for the 200X, print it, read it. After that if you have any problems start a new post.

And the long "O" is still pretty common in parts of the U.P. What about, "Holy wa." I have heard that in the U.P and Northern WI. That's one of my favorites.

colsanderes
11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Duluth checking in! I was deployed with a unit from illinios, and there was a few differences in talking. My favorite food is tator tot hot dish! My plt sgt is from the range, and he says "eh" all the time. I got kawasaki 110. Fun little toy, but i wanna find a honda 200, or 250. I love the midwest.