PDA

View Full Version : What about trike snorkels?

skypilot
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey trikers,
Has anyone recently built a snorkel for their trike? I built one for my 85 big red, and curious to know about other setups! I saw a few builds on here from members, and built one lookin at their pics. Does this affect the engine in anyway, aside from being flooded?(duh- i know) I noticed a little engine hesitation after my install, which was built just like the one mondex(member) uses on his 250. Any input? Thanks, keep on trikin! trailpro

swampthang
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I've put on a few snorkels on atvs if your intake pipe is not the right size you will have to either adjust your carb or re-jet it. Its more time consuming to get it all lined out and water proof everything than difficult. Dont forget to raise your vent lines,and plug your overflow to the carb. Also waterproof your plug ins and spark plug wire.

skypilot
08-13-2010, 03:05 PM
So how do I know the right size of intake pipe to use? Used 1 1/2 pipe, fit right into air box inlet without mods, this is roughly same size as inlet tube to frame, also how do I adjust carb, without rejetting? Is a snorkel really all that, or more trouble than its worth? Don't really plan to run in deep water up to gas tank, but it sure looks tough! This is a clean big red, but aint skeered of mud, I want to show atv's how to kick it old skool in the mud!

swampthang
08-13-2010, 03:15 PM
well Id run the snorkel for cheap insurance if you play in the water sinking you bike is alway possible. As for pipe size id think 1 1/2 would be ok but you might try 2". There should be a thread on here to help you out about adjusting your carb. Ive found that if you get into water deep enought to need a snorkel a trike starts to bob around and can roll over in the water pretty quick! So just be careful

skypilot
08-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks buddy, sounds good, hit me with the carb thread if you can, fairly new around here! Anyone have any waterproofin tips, plug, wires etc! Trikin Texas Style! Don't tell me I caint go in thaht mud, cause i aint listin, Im going all thah way thru! Ha ha! Big reds forever baby!

swampthang
08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Id just search carb jetting 101 that thread was very informative to me and good luck mudding against the atvs.

skypilot
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks again my friend! Swampthang must be a mud slingin handle!

swampthang
08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
lol yeah i just seem to attract that mud to my machines

84atc200
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
i just put one on mine.

skypilot
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey man, late on catchin up on the site, have to go by office for i-net, what about your build 84atc200? Got n.e. info? Installed mine, ran rough, seemed to hesitate at higher speeds, would bog down and hiccup, so i removed it and put it back stock. Only mods is a cobra pipe and header combo! After putting it back stock, ran fine again?