PDA

View Full Version : funny thought

250rmanfmf
09-13-2003, 06:56 PM
hey, I was just thinking and it funny when people get into wars on whos bike is faster and company vs. company in everything. ATV's, Trucks, Cars, etc. I like take automoblies. when guys say, my chevy will take your ford, or my Honda will take your Yamaha, and they both have the vehicles or atvs modified. I think its funny when a(example) modifed honda beats a Yamaha, and then they say, Hondas are the best built bikes. THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE, NOT WHAT I THINK.

I think once you touch a stock motor and put a aftermarket part in the motor it is no longer a motor that was released by Honda or whoever. that extra perfromance was not made by Honda or whoever. So in all terms, when you modifiy, you cant always say one company is better than the other. I understand that some motors react differently to certain mods but it was just on my mind.

I do the same thing. with my truck, Atv's all of that. I just think when if comes to which companys cars or atv's are better than others are when they are tested and raced when they are STOCK. off the showroom floor, No modifications made. Like I said I do the same damn thing, modifiy the hell out of my crap and say ford is better than chevy or whatever. but it has just been on my mind lately and had to get it out.

Also, for the people that swap different motors into different bikes and say owe my Banshee will kill your ATC 250r because the banshee has a R1 motor in it or something like that and the 250r still has a 250r motor in it. I HATE THAT, if you swap in a R1 Motor into a banshee, that quad is really not a banshee anymore. for the last few years I have seen, read, and heard about this type of crap and like I said I hate it.

This may be a waste of a post but just need to let out some air.

ATC crazy
09-13-2003, 08:38 PM
You have a very good point there. I've never even though of it that way before... ;)

200x Basket
09-13-2003, 09:23 PM
so is my 67 nova not a nova because i have 1200 HP 565 big block in it?

you are only as fast as your wallet and there is always some one with a fatter wallet :D

olderthandirt
09-14-2003, 02:35 PM
:shock: that makes it a bad a@@ nova :-D :-D :-D

J.D.
09-14-2003, 02:51 PM
:shock: that makes it a bad a@@ nova :-D :-D :-D

Amen to that!!

Speaking of Chevy's, there's a guy in my town here that has squeezed out 2,000 out of a SBC350. It's been bored out to a 400, alchohol injected by blower running off nitrous and race gas of some sort. I dunno all the specs but he has 2,000 horsepower out of it. That's alot.

EDIT: Err...sorry bout hijacking the post there. You make a real good point 250rmanfmf....people need to quit worrying so much about what's better, just enjoy what you've got while your alive! Life is too short to bicker about BS like that!

84250r
09-14-2003, 02:52 PM
so is my 67 nova not a nova because i have 1200 HP 565 big block in it?

you are only as fast as your wallet and there is always some one with a fatter wallet :D

Its the new and improved super-nova!