PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Best Axles For Racers???

2Tim215
08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I like all brand three wheelers but because I am tall and a bit heavy I was wondering what axles hold the best for racers like the Honda 250R vs Yamaha Tri-Z 250, or Tecate 250 etc? I imagine the 350X would be pretty stout but rather than guess before I buy my next trike I would like to hear what you experienced riders suggest for us "Big and Tall" guys. I met a guy with a 400ex who was pretty good size and says he jumps it and rides it hard and the axle is like a 350X axle and he hasn't had any problems with bending it etc. I know someone will suggest a "Diet axle" and I'm working on finding one of those too! Really appreciate any input cause us big guys like to have fun too! I like my heavy duty utilities but thought I would get more exercise on a racer :lol:, hey, my wife bought it!!! :naughty:.

Billy Golightly
08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
RPM makes the best ones, bu they are the most expensive ones too. You can't really go wrong with a LSR or Durablue either. The 85-86 250R is the easiest to get axles for. The Tri-Z second (Banshee/Blaster interchange), and then the T3s.

2Tim215
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
RPM makes the best ones, bu they are the most expensive ones too. You can't really go wrong with a LSR or Durablue either. The 85-86 250R is the easiest to get axles for. The Tri-Z second (Banshee/Blaster interchange), and then the T3s.
Thanks for the reply Billy. So does RPM and the others make them for all three, Honda, Kawi, and Yamaha? The air I see some of these lighter guys catching is amazing if they can land after 10' I should be good for 3'! Not that I want to reach the moon but seeing these threes in the air really tells me its time to add something different to my collection than all these that have trailer hitches on them! (except for our 70)!

Tri-Z 250
08-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Well nothing wrong with Gforce or Team as well...I'd have to bend 2 before I'd get into the Durablue, RPM, LSR, price range.

dcreel
08-09-2010, 11:52 PM
James Lucky sells +4 350X axles, as well as a lot of other 350X parts.

http://www.jlatvproducts.com/