PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Tri-Z Info

2cycletriker
08-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Hey fellow three wheel enthusiats, I am new to this site and I have a 1986 Tri-Z that I bought from the original owner about 16 years ago. Six years ago I stripped it all the way down to the frame, sandblasted and painted many of the parts and went through the engine. Now I want to do it again, but I want to really rework the engine. Is there anyone out there who makes a big-bore kit or anything completely insane as far as the engine goes? I have copies of the Yamaha stage 1 and 2 wrench reports. How well does stage two perform? And it is my undrstanding that a Warrior rear shock will bolt on to my trike, but the hose is a little shorter and the resevoir smaller. Is that correct? My stock rear shock is shot! Also, is there anyone out there who makes any parts that I might not find anywhere else, like billet parts or anything like that. I now have a garage to store my trike in so I want to do a quality build this time. Any advice, links, etc will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

puggerton03
08-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Warrior shock works great, have one on my 86. Hose is a little shorter, I just used zipties to hold it in place.

Tri-Z 250
08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Your in the right site my friend....Search the sites for old "BIGBORE" articals
Search as well(google) Everything BigBore...they pretty much have the kits and they rip.
billet cool heads as well as thermostat eliminators are around, stainless axle/ swingarm bolts as well
Look at the thread parts that interchange with the Tri-Z...absorb that post and get back to us...Welcome to the boards