PDA

View Full Version : 83 atc200s carb problems!

jacob.n
08-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Ok, my atc200 carb was leaking out of the bottom like the float was sticking but i think it was because i was missing the pilot jet. so i bought a rebuild kit that replaced the needle, float, and all the jets. the carb is still leaking! what do you guys suggest the problem is here. does the float just need adjusted? thanks

ktmbk
08-07-2010, 01:29 PM
It's possible it could just need adjusting, however I recently went through 2 similar carbs and found all sorts of odd washers and o rings where they are not suppose to be. Best bet is to print out a diagram from a parts dealer and go through the carb again and see what is missing or extra on it. If you set the float correct, and there is nothing keeping the drain screw from blocking off the drain, I would look at the float needle and needle seat. Also check the kit you got to what came out of the carb, some kits, especially the cheeper ones come with bad or wrong parts. I got one from dennis kirk a few years back that had the wrong parts in it and when I installed it it crushed the emulsion tube (ouch).