PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda 250r Upgrades

scottytohotty48
08-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Lookin to put some upgrades on my trike two is reeds and silencer. Im lookin at this silencer but dont know if its anygood or not hopin for a clean sound more like BRAPP BRAPPP then varuuummm varuuum lol:lol: http://www.bikebandit.com/dg-type-ii-silencer?mg=699&t=1&td=1

Next is are boyeseon reeds good or are v-force that much better theres quiet a gap in price between the two.

SYKO
08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
most silencers are about the same, dont get the idea that a blown out silencer is a good idea one thats packed correctly is the best for performance, I never liked the Vforce crap and always stuck with regular reeds. A larger carb and good headpipe are the best things for it, then some portwork etc etc... also a machine not jetted correctly isnt going to hold a candle to a machine correctly jetted.

ktmbk
08-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I got the boyesen duel stage reeds some years back and like them. I was looking at the pyrimid? reed cage set up after that and they look like they may also add some power, but I don't know much about them. As far as a silencer, i'm not sure what your looking for. That dg silencer sounds like it will be loud with it's free flowing design. It's the baffle and spark arrestor silencers that will actually muffle the sound and rob a little power.

Pintowagon77
08-07-2010, 05:24 PM
im happy with a pj 34 carb, a dg expansion chamber and silencer- cuz they are the only eaisily available-, k+n open box and a 14/ 42 sproket combo, and a mild port jub. unless you go with a fully ported or a big bore, which i would only consider Kustom Kraft because of the cost and convinence, there is no reason to go with v-force or a pwk carb. But if you CAN find a bassani or paul turner pipe put it on. or sell it to me!!!!

SYKO
08-07-2010, 05:38 PM
no paul turners were made for the air cooled, a few bassinis were though Jemco is still avail and DG is junk its only midly better then stock in my op.

Pintowagon77
08-08-2010, 12:33 AM
i was never sure about the paul turner pipe. I contacted jemco and i really don't want to have to pay $400 for a $220 pipe, they basically charge " to take the jig out of the back room" and tack on a special order fee and all this, that was a couple years ago. dg's arnt that bad perfomance wise for stock bore, they are just a poor fit. better than stock is better than nothing... not like every water pumper running fmf pipes when there are TONS of options for them.

clvantress
03-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Im in the same boat.....im looking for a new silencer for my 84 250r can anyone point me in the right direction.