PDA

View Full Version : Rattling sound in crankcase on Honda atc 110, need some advice

cheez91
08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey yall got and issue I need some advice about. My lilttle honda atc 110 has been running great but recently it has been making almost a rattling or scratching sound coming out of the crankcase. I can hear it from the recoil starter side (left). I was wondering if yall have any idea what it might possibly be? I pulled the recoil off and put it in gear and manualy turned the flywheel with the wheel off the ground. It was not catching every turn so I think it might be something with the clutch. What do yall think?

shortline10
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey yall got and issue I need some advice about. My lilttle honda atc 110 has been running great but recently it has been making almost a rattling or scratching sound coming out of the crankcase. I can hear it from the recoil starter side (left). I was wondering if yall have any idea what it might possibly be? I pulled the recoil off and put it in gear and manualy turned the flywheel with the wheel off the ground. It was not catching every turn so I think it might be something with the clutch. What do yall think?

You need to tighten the timming chain .

cheez91
08-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Alright man, Ill give that a try thanks