PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen dg pipe and silencer??

Pintowagon77
08-05-2010, 12:19 AM
so i got my 2nd dg pipe and silencer in the mail today. The first one was 'wrong' so i ordered a new one... well its the same check it out and tell me if it is wrong or not. both sets came new in the bags with 83-84 250r lables on it, they arn't 81-82's. both silencers, the one in the bag and on my bike have upsidedown dg plates on them?!?! also look at how the mounts on the silencers are incorect, the lower one is to short and the upper mount has two hole when i ha to drill one between them. errr oh well, also look at how the expansion chamber dosn't have an upper mount.

ATC Dude
08-05-2010, 01:46 AM
That's messed up. Are you going to contact dg again and show them these pictures? What are you going to do? Is it the correct pipe that has just been built wrong? Or is it possible that it is for a different bike/trike/quad and they put the wrong labeling on it? Did a drunk rivet the dg plates on?

Pintowagon77
08-05-2010, 07:26 AM
what i found out was the expansion chamber is 100% what they make for my bike, though i have seen a couple dg pipes with upper mounts welded to them. The silencer is 100% correst too, i apparently didn't have the right mounts for the silencer. I bought some and it mounted the silencer up "right"- it then makes the pipe rub on the head and frame as well as not mount up to the exhaust flange tight. I like the way i have it in the pic, its alot stronger of a mount and i don't feel it will shake around.
I did contact DG, a guy named Mike, and they want me to send them a frame, stock pipe and silencer, and all the mounting hardware.

SYKO
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
That's the way they are simply put if you wanted a better fitting pipe you should have contacted jemco plus a jemco is light years ahead of a dg as far,as performance

Pintowagon77
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
didn't know they were an option, looked on their website and dont see anything listed for a 83-84 250r. anyone got a jemco for a 2nd gen? pics?

SYKO
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Look up my old thread on my
83 you have to contact jemco directly they keep the jigs for the pipes once they are produced

fabiodriven
08-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I have always been an avid DG hater. The only thing I ever liked from them were their pipes for my RD400. Those were light years ahead of the stockers, but keep in mind the stock pipes on an RD400 don't even have expansion chambers. That leaves plenty of room for improvement so they really couldn't mess that up. I'm sure there are much better pipes than the DG's for the RD as well.