PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an 86 250R

Fungo Wizard
07-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, I have finally got my hands on an 86 250R. I found a guy wanting to trade for a 350X, so i found one for $500 and cleaned it up and we traded. Let me know what you see missing from it besides the front sprocket cover and the rear gold rims. You detail oriented trikers chime in and let me know what i am going to have to start buying. Also, it is leaking gas from the (what I believe to be at this point) overflow tube. I have done nothing to it but am guessing the carb is gummed up?

Xpress
07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
That cable needs to be hooked up ontop there...

And you need to buy more 2 stroke oil :D

curtis slawson
07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
for the carb dipping clean it out good happens on my dirtbike's once in a while

Fungo Wizard
07-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I noticed the parking brake cable was unhooked and the bracket is missing. It is also briken at the caliper, so until I find a new caliper it will stay unhooked. Well it also fired up in a couple kicks when we traded. I took it home, rode the dog out of it and it has not started since. I am guessing it is the carb, but it started fine the first day and now it won't. Man, I hate 2 strokes!:lol:

harryredtrike
07-31-2010, 11:45 PM
you may have fouled the plug when you rode it last

Fungo Wizard
07-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Well I took it out and it looked clean with just some fuel on it. I am going to clean the carb and buy a new plug. The guy told me it was a one or two kicker, and it was the first day.

leviblue
08-01-2010, 12:00 AM
who cares about the parking brake you'll end out taking it off....GET A CASE SAVER ASAP you'll need it cuz they don't make them anymore, the left case is a btch to find if the chain jumps..clean the carb and keep a handful of plugs around..I'd loose the bars but looks like you got a nice ride...Don't be a hater 2 strokes are GREAT and not at all any harder to maintain than the 4 strokes.....ENJOY

Fungo Wizard
08-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Good call on the case saver. I have not even looked it over good, that is why I posted so you guys could clue me in. Yeah, i am not a big fan of the bars, and I have rear gold rims that need tires mounted so I am good there. The muffler seems to be leaking at the connection, because the fender has a bunch of oil on it right at that spot.

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Sweet! Best of the best IMHO!!

Lots of great fast trikes out there though, red doesn't mean #1. But, they are reliable and fast machines in stock form, let alone modified.......

leviblue
08-01-2010, 12:26 AM
doesn't look like a stock exh so a repacking should help out...pm me on the cover and saver I have a few laying around you can have